Quantcast

PJ Post Descends 34,000 Feet At Diablo Freeride Park

Instigatr

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
New Milford, NJ
while i agree with that it was having fun and a cool record. He does have an advantage over other people, i had the same thing when i was little in my towns memorial day parade, my float somehow always got top 3. maybe it had something to do with my dad running the parade. but cool record if i wasn't such a lazy bum i'd try it.
That's my point.

And to the other recent posters:

Careful with your eronious posts. The forum master has had a heavy hand recently.

My record is 34. (ice creams....)

Feb 7, 2007
Vernon, New Jersey
while i agree with that it was having fun and a cool record. He does have an advantage over other people, i had the same thing when i was little in my towns memorial day parade, my float somehow always got top 3. maybe it had something to do with my dad running the parade. but cool record if i wasn't such a lazy bum i'd try it.
How did PJ have an advantage? By being a great rider?

How does your dad 'throwing' a parade contest have anything to do with PJ setting a record that was done fair, by the books without any cut-corners?

Face it... He set the record by the books and you probably won't break it, even if you wanted to.

isabbisr

Monkey
Aug 9, 2002
NJ
He had an advantage because numbers are subjective and can change value. His 33 were easier for him than 33 for me. But seriously, PJ rode the same trails as anyone else would, on the same lift, with the same lines. Yeah people brought him drinks and such, but there is nothing stopping any of your friends from bringing you refreshments. If you really want to shut up the nay sayers, then try it yourself. You probably won't do it though...

dirttastesgood

Turbo Monkey
Dec 12, 2006
CT
How did PJ have an advantage? By being a great rider?

How does your dad 'throwing' a parade contest have anything to do with PJ setting a record that was done fair, by the books without any cut-corners?

Face it... He set the record by the books and you probably won't break it, even if you wanted to.
Sorry but your a moron. You don't use your head do you, I respect what PJ did and I could do it also, don't ever accuse someone of not being able to do something when you don't know their abilities. He had an advantage because he rides there all the time and had a free mechanic. Great accomplishment but the way you jump to defend him makes people a little suspicous.

AzToJrse

Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
SOUTH JERSEY
Sorry but your a moron. You don't use your head do you, I respect what PJ did and I could do it also, don't ever accuse someone of not being able to do something when you don't know their abilities. He had an advantage because he rides there all the time and had a free mechanic. Great accomplishment but the way you jump to defend him makes people a little suspicous.
ok tough guy, lets see what ya got

G-RockMurray

Monkey
Jun 27, 2007
i want to see how many ice cream runs i can do........ride down....goto office.....buy ice cream.......eat.....then goto lift......repeat.....i say i puke after 10

Timekiller

Monkey
Oct 9, 2006
NJ
i want to see how many ice cream runs i can do........ride down....goto office.....buy ice cream.......eat.....then goto lift......repeat.....i say i puke after 10
pop rocks + soda + DH = puke

but I dont think I could make 10 ice cream runs, haha.

isabbisr

Monkey
Aug 9, 2002
NJ
a free mechanic has nothing to do with it, PJ didn't stop once for a mechanical. Go ahead and try it buddy. I'm not saying you can't do it, actually yes I am, for e-webtardnets sake, but you seem to be getting awfully worked up over this. Get it over with this weekend and put an end to this already. What could you possibly be suspicious of anyway?

dirttastesgood

Turbo Monkey
Dec 12, 2006
CT
a free mechanic has nothing to do with it, PJ didn't stop once for a mechanical. Go ahead and try it buddy. I'm not saying you can't do it, actually yes I am, for e-webtardnets sake, but you seem to be getting awfully worked up over this. Get it over with this weekend and put an end to this already. What could you possibly be suspicious of anyway?
i'm pretty sure you can't read, i'm not suspicious just stating that the people who are do have reason to be that way

dirttastesgood

Turbo Monkey
Dec 12, 2006
CT
muffin (dtg) you can prove urself this weekend on my bike. do more runs then pj did and ill let you keep my bike!
can we do this in a few weekends when i don't have bacteria growing in my lungs and coughing attacks that make me pass out due to lack of oxygen. so anyone who wants to be all angry that i hurt your feelings online. i will cough on you.

runnin12s

Monkey
May 14, 2007
Waverly, NY
sorry to butt in like this with all you girls slapping each other around and bench racing and all:brows:, but this record, which sounds impressive by the way, was there any specific trails he had to follow, or could someone just ride top to bottom on the wide open access trails? If that's the case I wouldn't want to try to match the record because it would waste a trip to Diablo for me, I don't want to see who can do the most runs in a day , I want to see who can hit ALL THE TRAILS in a day. That has been my goal each time that i've come up short on.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
its not to hard, just thikn about how to link as much as u can with as little runs as possible, i did that last year with 1 hour to spare, it was everything except stigmata, (which was closed)

runnin12s

Monkey
May 14, 2007
Waverly, NY
sounds fun to me, when do you want to meet and do all the trails, including stigmata, and when you say all the trails do you mean all the lines on all the trails, for example on stigmata the wall vs. going around. or do you just mean all the trails in general.:happydance:

Polish Rambo

Chimp
Aug 3, 2007
all the trails in one day can be done pretty easily. we (the trail crew) figured it out last summer, and if i remember right, it was only 8 or 9 runs to do every trail with as little overlap as possible. this year would be a little tougher with the addition of monarch, legion, tempest and retreat since hitting all would require 4 separate runs.

side note: anyone else see the humor in dirt making every excuse as to why PJ's record should be discredited, and then he offers excuses as to why he himself cant do it this weekend?

AzToJrse

Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
SOUTH JERSEY
side note: anyone else see the humor in dirt making every excuse as to why PJ's record should be discredited, and then he offers excuses as to why he himself cant do it this weekend?[/QUOTE]

i just realized that, "let me wait a few weeks for the season to be over that way everyone will forget all the stupid things i said".

jcook90

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2006
Connecticut
this thread entertains me...

now as cool as 34k is, doesnt/didnt it say on the diablo website that its quite common for riders to clock over 30k vert feet in a day because of the gondola?

Thats a hell of alot of runs though, i'd believe it. The most i've gotten at diablo is like 15000. At killington i got 22 but thats different.

btw i'm gonna beat that record this weekend, eat an icecream on the lift each time, then wheelie all the way to BK and win

dirttastesgood

Turbo Monkey
Dec 12, 2006
CT
side note: anyone else see the humor in dirt making every excuse as to why PJ's record should be discredited, and then he offers excuses as to why he himself cant do it this weekend?
i just realized that, "let me wait a few weeks for the season to be over that way everyone will forget all the stupid things i said".[/QUOTE]

you people really can't comprehend can you. i never said i don't belive it. i think its a sick record, i was defending the people who are saying he had an advantage, but who gives a **** if he had an advantage, thats part of every game/contest/part of life.

Ironjunk

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
I'm gonna get the record for most ice cream sandwiches eaten on the ride up the mountain

runnin12s

Monkey
May 14, 2007
Waverly, NY
I'm bringing a couple ex-racers with me before the end of the year. We are going to beat the runs record, eat the most ice cream, and then go to BK and eat the most junk food all in one weekend. Can we take a cumulative count amongst all of us. (by the way was everything spelled correct mr. dirttastesgood?)

dirttastesgood

Turbo Monkey
Dec 12, 2006
CT
I'm bringing a couple ex-racers with me before the end of the year. We are going to beat the runs record, eat the most ice cream, and then go to BK and eat the most junk food all in one weekend. Can we take a cumulative count amongst all of us. (by the way was everything spelled correct mr. dirttastesgood?)
it's good enough for me

G-RockMurray

Monkey
Jun 27, 2007
im going to do the most runs....eat the most ice cream.......get a whooper at bk.......swing by the pizza place......and then go to home depot get some flooring......maybe bed bath and beyond not sure if i'll have enough time.

dirttastesgood

Turbo Monkey
Dec 12, 2006
CT
im going to do the most runs....eat the most ice cream.......get a whooper at bk.......swing by the pizza place......and then go to home depot get some flooring......maybe bed bath and beyond not sure if i'll have enough time.
i need some pillow cases, redish orange color please. damn cats needing to sharpen their claws.