Quantcast

Place to pick up some Oakley Factory Pilot gloves??

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
For some reason, I can't bring them up in any searches. I found a few tests and descriptions, but no place to purchase. I've also found a few on Ebay, but no mediums and the sellers claim they can't get any more. Anyone know if they got discontinued?

SXtrailrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
they have thier comming out with a kevlar padded knucky protection instead or carbon, + it will have more portection for the lower palm and wrist.

I think pricepoint has them

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
Yeah, I don't like 'em. I liked their last-season version, but basically the MAIN reason I wanted them was because they were available in white.
Anyone know of another company with a pretty sick glove in white?

JTVW

Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
somewhere hot
THRILLSEEKA said:
Yeah, I don't like 'em. I liked their last-season version, but basically the MAIN reason I wanted them was because they were available in white.
Anyone know of another company with a pretty sick glove in white?
tld, i believe...

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
The new Rockgardn gloves are black with a salt-and-pepper carbon that's pretty sick and the pretection is awesome because of the leather palm and thumb.

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
I've checked out the Rockgardn ones but don't like how HUGE the knuckle pad is!
I actually picked up a pretty sweet set of gloves today...not white, but they are Brooklyn Machine Works. I didn't even know they made gloves! Carbon knuckles, box-cut fingers, should(I hope) be a decent glove. Kinda bought them on the spur...I'm good for that...

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Oakley has new gloves coming out. I have the factory pilots and although they were problemless for me and held up great i know people who had lots of issues with the mesh ripping which i could see, i just dont put my hands out when i wreck.

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
scootershoot said:
yeah those gloves are awesome chawsome. i like them do you?

I think if you have any gray matter left between your ears you'll go delete that RETARDED post about Ridemonkeys you just stuck up, and then take your immature ass back to Pinkbike.

SXtrailrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
like i said wait awhile their comming out with better ones. Also you don't want white gloves they get dirty really easily and then they look like ****. They may look cool in the movies but remmeber they are proffesionals riding with them so they most likely get new ones frequently.

gmac

Monkey
Apr 6, 2002
Mine are holdong up better than Fox. I was a pair a year guy. Going into season 2 w/ the O and no problem et al.

THRILLSEEKA said:
For some reason, I can't bring them up in any searches. I found a few tests and descriptions, but no place to purchase. I've also found a few on Ebay, but no mediums and the sellers claim they can't get any more. Anyone know if they got discontinued?
The Oakley O store in Atlanta has 3 pair in stock. I was there yesterday trying on shoes so I can order some radarlocks.

Daver

Monkey
Jun 1, 2005
Shiddeny
I had a pair and while they were comfortable, they fell apart really quickly. Also, when you do crash, the carbon seems to drive the impact straight onto your knuckles making it hurt even more- so its not something good if you tend to come off a lot.

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
jet said:
The Oakley O store in Atlanta has 3 pair in stock. I was there yesterday trying on shoes so I can order some radarlocks.
Do they make the Radars in a non-lock? I'm going between them and the FIVE.TEN Impacts. I've always worn some form of a 5.10 and LOVE them, but I'm never against trying something new!

Actually, I really only wanted the knuckle protection for trail riding and branch/trunk protection. That and punching jerk rednecks on horses. Just kidding. Really. I don't think smashing them on rocks will ever feel great, gloves or not. I think the idea, however, is to spread the impact over a larger area, versus a pointy rock ripping a knuckle to shreds.