Quantcast

Places around Napa??

alteregopo

Chimp
Aug 2, 2006
Hi all,

I am thinking about taking a trip to Napa so I was wondering if there is any nice place to ride in Napa. Mountain, not road.

Thanks,
Po

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Napa Skyline Park is the old location for the World Cup race. I recommend Skyline and Manzanita trails...

alteregopo

Chimp
Aug 2, 2006
When are you coming? What type of mountain riding?
i am thinking about going on tuesday 9/26.
i am cool with most types of mountain riding as long as not too much uphill. i can either bring Giant Faith 2 or Ironhorse Maverick SE.

Thanks,
Po

matt12

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Napa, CA
Yeah, Skyline is fun. A bit farther up to Calistoga you can find Oathill which is funner (IMO). If you like to huck, Angwin has some secret north shore crap scattered all over and some jumps.

Thats about it.

alteregopo

Chimp
Aug 2, 2006
i will probably bring the IH Maverick to Skyline with me tomo
(unless people think i shall bring Giant Faith)

thanks guys,
Po

Biscuit

Turbo Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Pleasant Hill, CA
Another superfun trail at skyline is Buckeye. Friggin tough to climb and super fun down. It's right between Skyline and the main fireroad.

The best entry is to park at the community college / golf course, ride accross the street (at the stoplight) and through the gate.
It's a fun little singletrack that is the best way to end a ride there. It's actually my favorite trail in the entire place.

alteregopo

Chimp
Aug 2, 2006
i am not sure where is the buckeye ism but i went to the "passing road" and it was super fun!! i wish i have brought my giant faith 2 instead of the ih maverick se :bonk: the brake is squeaking like a little bitch!