Quantcast

Places I should ride?

Greggah

Motorboat
Oct 9, 2008
Gonic, NH
I am heading from the east coast to visit the Sammamish, Issaquah, Redmond area from May 29 - June 8. I am looking for the best places to ride XC single track. I don't do big drops or highly elevated stunts and skinneys. \

Let me know what you recommend and some general directions.

Thanks

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Check the calendar here:

www.evergreenmtb.org

In that area, the usuals are, North to South:

Paradise Valley
Cherry Valley
Tolt-MacDonald
Griffin Creek
Tokul West
Tokul East
Beaver lake/Section 36/ Soaring eagle
Grand Ridge
Maybe St. Edwards State Park/Big Finn Hill
Middle Fork Snoqualmie
Thrilla Loop
Willows Fjords
Tiger Mountain
Taylor Mountain

That's more than one a day and all are withing 30 minutes or less.

Directions on the trail wiki on the Evergreen site.

Some are more tame than others and some have less elevation gain/loss. Just depends on what you like riding.

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
But, we're working on that. You can ride Grand Ridge from Issaquah out to the end and then cross the street to your left and go into Duthie to check out what has been done so far though. Or, go ride Beaver Lake or Tolt nearby and then stop at Duthie to take a look later.

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Glad you liked it!
(I hear it's real popular with children and the elderly.) ;)

Now, get to as many of those other places as you can while you are here. Even if it's two-a-days. What better weather for it? :monkeydance:

More reports from the out of stater too. :)

Greggah

Motorboat
Oct 9, 2008
Gonic, NH
I rode Soaring eagle Wednesday evening and did a night ride @ Big Finn Thursday night after the heat went away and have plans to do Tolt Sunday Morning. Not sure what else I will have time to get to.

Greggah

Motorboat
Oct 9, 2008
Gonic, NH
Was able to ride 2 1/2 hours at Tolt this morning. I am heading back to NH tomorrow. The single track in WA was really nice. Thanks