Quantcast

Places to eat ini the springs area

CrAckErKorEan

Ridemonkey's own half breed
Nov 29, 2001
Winder GA (Its in the sticks)
As mentioned in another thread the wife and I are coming for a visit. We would like some good places to eat for breakfast lunch and dinner.

We are going to Briarhurst Manor for one night but not really sure what to do the rest of the time.

We want to stay away from the chain resturants and hit some places that are more local or small chains.

Ascentrek

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Golden, CO
Look hard, really hard. This was one of many reasons I live near Denver.

The only place I remember was Judges (Bottom of the Double Tree hotel). It may not be there anymore, but they did serve Yards of beer. YUM!

bean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Boulder
Judge Baldwin's is still in the same place, but it is now an Adam's Mark hotel, I haven't heard many good things about it, but since I've never eaten there myself I can't really say anything about the food. I have had their beer and wasn't particularly impressed.
So my recommendations:

Phantom Canyonn (high end brew pub): Lunch, Dinner - great food and beer
The Warehouse (high end brew pub): - Lunch, Dinner - Again great food, I've never had their beer
Bluestar: Lunch, Dinner - I've never eaten here, but I know a few people that have, good food, and I hear wine is half price on Sundays
The Olive Branch (downtown restaraunt): Breakfast - It's been a few years, but I remember breakfast here being really good
The Tavern at the Broadmoor (the Denny's of the Broadmoor, but it's still really good, albeit rather pricy): Dinner - I've only eaten there once, but I thoroughly enjoyed it
Jack Quinn's (Irish Pub): Lunch, Dinner - I hear it's a small chain now (something like three restaraunts) but this was the original, it's one of my favorite places downtown. If you're here on a Thursday night there's a sing along.
32 Bleu (They call themselves a Bistro): Lunch, Dinner - I've only had lunch there, but it was pretty good, and reasonably priced.
Walter's Bistro (neighborhood bistro type thing): Lunch?, Dinner - From what I hear it's really good, but I've never been.
Dale Stree Cafe (gourmet type food in a casual setting): Dinner - Good food, and a pretty good wine selection.

That's about all I can think of off the top of my head right now, but I imagine it should get you started.

KaiMana

Chimp
Oct 12, 2001
Woodland Park, CO
What kind of food?

Saigon Cafe has really good vietnamese food.

La Casita is cheap quick good mex

Jake and Telly's good greek

Another rec for phantom and the warehouse, good beer, good food

Mona lisa expensive fondue

Bennito

Chimp
Apr 30, 2004
C-Spgs
Ethnic food is a plus all the suggestions so far sound really good.
thanks
The Nepalese restaurant downtown across from Everest Tibet (same owners) is amazing. (I believe its on Kiowa or Bijou, don't remember which is the west-bound street)

Mataam Fez if you like Indian and Belly Dancers. (Downtown)

Thai Orchid out in Old COlorado city is okay. I prefer the THai restaurant behind Kimballs.

Amanda's Fonda out on COlorado/Manitou blvd (between Old Colorado City and Manitou Spgs) for sit down Mexican.

Mission Inn is my favourite (New) Mexican restaurant (its 1 stoplight south of Woodmen on Acadamy Blvd).

Trivelli's (N Nevada and on Circle, I believe) and Friendly's (right by Mission Inn) for local sandwich shops.

Boulder Street Coffee Roasters for coffee (on BOulder and Tejon)

Luigi's on Tejon as you go south out of downtown is my favourite Italian place.