Quantcast

Places to ride DH near Issaquah?

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
I'm heading out to Whistler in a couple of weeks with my sons. My brother lives in Issaquah and we will have a day or 2 there to kill. Just wondering if there is anything close by to shuttle or a local ski area that's worth a day trip. TIA

boxxerace

Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
@ Japanese Gultch
Yes, there are trails. In general, there are very little or no shuttles however.

There is also some fun stuff in Eastern Washington, just up and over the pass, or north on 97 near Wenatchee... heck, stop by Das Rad Haus and get a lift in their Suburban and ride the excellent trails there.

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
The closest ski area that allows bikes is Whistler unfortunately. I think Mt. Hood Skibowl and Silver Mountain in Idaho are pretty much the only places in the area that have lift access biking. Poke around in Fluidride one day, they might show you some goods. There is some shuttling though...

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
Along these lines I was thinking about stopping in the N. Shore on the way back from Whistler. Who should I contact to find some of the not totally off the map shuttle or session areas? I'm not looking to ride the ultra crazy high rise skinnies in the videos but more of the natural DH stuff and/or DJs. My 14 yr old will be on a Blur 4X so we're not looking to go off the deep end.

rigidhack

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2004
In a Van(couver) down by the river
Along these lines I was thinking about stopping in the N. Shore on the way back from Whistler. Who should I contact to find some of the not totally off the map shuttle or session areas? I'm not looking to ride the ultra crazy high rise skinnies in the videos but more of the natural DH stuff and/or DJs. My 14 yr old will be on a Blur 4X so we're not looking to go off the deep end.
When you get to Vancouver, it is easiest to hit Seymour which is a shuttle hill. Ride CBC/Corkscrew/Pingu/Team Pangor. It is the standard run on that hill and it is pretty awesome. Lots of good people to hook up with if you need a guide. Just ask in the parking lot if you can tag along with another group. Or send me a PM when the time is closer.

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
When you get to Vancouver, it is easiest to hit Seymour which is a shuttle hill. Ride CBC/Corkscrew/Pingu/Team Pangor. It is the standard run on that hill and it is pretty awesome. Lots of good people to hook up with if you need a guide. Just ask in the parking lot if you can tag along with another group. Or send me a PM when the time is closer.
Will do, thanks Rigid.