Quantcast

places to ride in oregon or washinton

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
I was going to go to colarado but now my perents want to go up to the north west, are there any resorts that run lifts? And if so were should I go?

L

luelling

TheMontashu said:
I was going to go to colarado but now my perents want to go up to the north west, are there any resorts that run lifts? And if so were should I go?
Where are you moving exactly? The "Northwest" is a large area. For Oregon try Mt. Hood and Willamette Pass near Eugene

L

luelling

TheMontashu said:
I'm moving, jest vacation.
Does that make any sense? Jest vacation? Are you moving or visiting? And as several of us have said what area?

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
luelling said:
Does that make any sense? Jest vacation? Are you moving or visiting? And as several of us have said what area?
I'm not moving (That was probably a drunken post) and the area is up to me as long as its in oregon or washington

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
If I was you I would go to portland and ride post canyon in hood river and blk rock in falls city. Good dirt jumps in portland as well.

SR

Monkey
Dec 8, 2001
Olympia WA
where are you from? what type of riding are you looking to find? Also does "as long as its in oregon or washington" mean you can't just talk em into taking you to Whistler? Because that would be my suggestion for someone vacationing to the pacific northwest. I mean you might as well ride the mecca right

But otherwise I've heard nothing but good reports for post canyon and falls city areas in OR

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
SR said:
where are you from? what type of riding are you looking to find? Also does "as long as its in oregon or washington" mean you can't just talk em into taking you to Whistler? Because that would be my suggestion for someone vacationing to the pacific northwest. I mean you might as well ride the mecca right

But otherwise I've heard nothing but good reports for post canyon and falls city areas in OR
I am from the san fransisco area, I want DH riding.
Whistler is out of the question for this trip (My dad wont go to a country that doesnt allow hand guns) but I will be going up there for 2 weeks later in the summer

eio

Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
PNW
Somebody above mentioned Galbraith in Bellingham.

That's cool a place, but what's even cooler is that you'd be about an hours drive from the Shore in Vancouver.

Post Canyon & Falls City are not too close in proximity.
Falls City is a great place but somewhat remote.

Stay in N. WA and hit the Shore.

sam_little

Monkey
May 18, 2003
Portland, OR
How will you be getting to the trails? Will you have a shuttle rig? Are you bringing a cross country bike as well. OR and WA have few lift-serviced resorts, but lots of great trails. If you have a car, make a mini-roadtrip out of it and hit all the trails listed here. Post Canyon and Blackrock (falls city) are both worth visiting, but I wouldn't plan a vacation around them. You'll want some variety after one day at each. For epic cross country there is the Mackenzie River trail, some good riding in Bend, etc.

Really, though, the northwest isn't where I would go for a downhill-oriented vacation unless you have a car and the time to drive from spot to spot.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
I can't make a road trip, and I will have no car to myself. It is not up to me what reagon I go to jest exatly were in the reagon. I pretty much need a lift, and no XC bike.

Jun 18, 2004
most of the good free riding in West WA is on the down low... if you google blackrock, galbraith, post canyon you'll find some good riding and directions to get there...

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
i know ski bowl in oregon has dh stuff, never been though. why do you need a lift so bad? you could just find some cool people to shuttle with.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Snag a ride to Whistler or the North Shore with one of the Washington guys for the day or weekend while you are on vacation. Just tell your parents you are so close you have to go to Canada and ride.

Silver Mountain in Kellog Idaho should be nice this year.

Mt Hood

Schweitzer has a little DH