Quantcast

Planning a riding trip to colorado, where should we go

Apr 8, 2003
kangaroo land.
i'm after suggestions on great places to ride. My G/F and i are planning to go through colorado at the end of july/august next year. We'll be on the way home to australia from the '05 tour via whistler.
We're looking for good xc/trail/ singletrack rides with views galor.We wouldn't mind seeing a few of the well known places we've read about and seen pictures of in magazines.
any information will be appreciated.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
FRUITA. (Super epic, tons of trails, great views, must do stuff)

MONARCH CREST.

KENOSHA PASS to BRECKENRIDGE. (via Georgia Pass)

WheelieMan

Monkey
Feb 6, 2003
kol-uh-RAD-oh
Another vote for Fruita. Very very good stuff. Not sure what the temps are like in Fruita that time of year, so you might be better off higher up in the mountains where its cooler. Crested Butte has some of the best high altitude riding in the state.

Apr 8, 2003
kangaroo land.
thanks for the replies, keep the suggestions coming!
Currently getting the map sorted to plan the route,we will have a car so travelling isn't a problem, we're used to riding in very hot weather so the heat isn't a problem either.

Pau11y

Turbo Monkey
I thrid motion Monarch Crest. PM me for a better way down the other side than the way everyone else goes.
Fruita/Moab in late July/early Aug is gonna be a roast fest. Maybe by Mary's Loop is kewl where there's at least some water too look at. On the east side has got to be a bakin' hell in the middle of the day. Also, Highline campground...the plushest campground I've ever been to!