Quantcast

Planning a Road Trip...Need West Coast Monkey Help!

pbskis14

Chimp
Apr 24, 2003
Myself, brother and buddy are planning on driving out west for about 20 days. Were leaving from CT on the 25th of June and we have a little problem... We cant decide where to go! I just purchased a trailer I will be pulling so we are each bringing a DH bike, park/dj bike and an XC bike. So were trying to find a state or states that have all 3 types of riding. I am mostly looking forward to rippin downhill but its going to be a pain to ride shuttle spots with only 1 car.

We are considering CO, utah, Cali, BC, Oregon etc.

If you could post some good public riding spots and lift access mountains that would be awesome!

Pete

ridefast

Monkey
Jan 25, 2006
Not where I'd like
im planning a similar trip, im leaving from NC and plan to swing by windrock as a first stop

ft. collins, co has a huge public pump track that just got a write up in one of the major mags

fruita, durango, etc etc in CO

moab, park city in UT

etc

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
go to BC. SoCal has weak riding compared to what you will find there. if you head west, check Utah for tons of riding (ever hear of Moab?) and consider northstar and mammoth. i'd go north to oregon and washington. i've only been to seattle, but i will head out this summer again.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
California is a long pull from CT, but we have what your looking for.
Hit up UT and CO on the way out ;) Northstar, Downieville, Santa Barbara, San Luis Obispo, theres a ton of stuff out here.

MDJ

Monkey
Dec 15, 2005
San Jose, CA
I would go straight to Whistler, then if you get tired of the place I would do the following: North Shore, Windrock, Downieville, Northstar, Mammoth, and then over to Utah and Colorado before heading back home.