Quantcast

Plastic pedal reviews?

CHepler

Monkey
Sep 5, 2005
I had plastic pedals once.........once
When that keeper holding the body came off (and it would) bad things always happened.

goddamniowa

Chimp
May 19, 2011
des moines, ia
the fly ruben pc's are the best plastics i have been on. they aren't "slippery" to the touch, they are concave, and grip and wear well, 5x better then odyssey or animals offerings
truth,

very long lasting, great grip for a plastic pedal, but not TOO much, i shift my feet around on my pedals a lot so this helps.

broached 6mm allen hole in the spindle helps too, not needing a pedal wrench is nice.

had mine for about a year now, including a daily winter commute. with minimal wear and smooth bearings.

worth every penny, id buy again in a heartbeat. i have multiple fellow riders that run them now too with flawless performance.

danennis

Chimp
Aug 29, 2009
brevard
i just picked up one of the new specialized complete bmx bikes and it came with some plastic pedals from spec. they grip way better than i thought they would i have to admit, but i still have some metal pedals one the way. gotta go with what im used too.

nyhc00

Monkey
Jul 19, 2010
CT
i just picked up one of the new specialized complete bmx bikes and it came with some plastic pedals from spec. they grip way better than i thought they would i have to admit, but i still have some metal pedals one the way. gotta go with what im used too.
why do you hate your shins so much then? Since I switched over to PC's, many moons ago, there has been 2-3 occasions where if I had metal pedals I would have had to have stitches. No going back for me, I'm actually looking at the Fly Ruben graphite pedals currently.

iksmudge

Monkey
Nov 4, 2008
Resurrecting this one a bit.
I'm thinking of going plastic with the premium sealed pedals.
I currently have Odyssey aluminium but these are twice as heavy as the plastic ones and my calf / shin is looming a wee bit yellow/black so I want to wimp out a bit now I'm approaching 40 :).
Anyone have any experience with these? They are the only sealed plastic pedals I can find.

oldtricks

Chimp
Feb 23, 2009
I got Odyssey twisted regular. Cheap as chips and well grippy enough for me... very happy with 'em. Didn't get black either... pretty honey colour to match my stem.

MTBKR415

Chimp
Jun 18, 2008
right behind you...
okay, I'm lookin at some plastics for my specialized p1, im used to metal but you guys got me hooked on plastics now, what do you guys recommend that are pretty grippy and fairly cheap?

Paulyd

Monkey
May 15, 2007
Great White North.
On the topic of Premiums, I hear more bad than good. I mean yes, you can buy replacement pedal bodies, but they do break alot more often. Slims that I do hear good things about are the Deitys and recently the Fyxation Mesa, which supposedly is the exact same thing. Once my current pedals are done I'll probably go for Deitys.