Quantcast

Platform footwear...

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
I understand the mentality of the rubber and certainly the different rinding styles, but where I made my mistake was using running shoes as riding shoes when they were to beat for everyday life.

I look at my Vans and they certainly be more than adequate, as tooling around the house doing 2 ' little jumps and drops.

The reason this came up was that Sunday, if the drop was over 2 feet, my feet lifted off the platform, which made me a bit uncomfortable.

And this has happened only a small handful of times.

Thanks to all for the advice and info! :thumb:

mtbpaint1

Monkey
Apr 25, 2005
University of Connecticut
I've owned a pair of 5.10's and they were great for a while but the tread wore down pretty fast (I wore them as my every day shoe) I just bought my seconds pair of Orchids they are deffinately the best shoes I have ever owned, they're made for bmx by bmxers they're awesome!

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
mtbpaint1 said:
I've owned a pair of 5.10's and they were great for a while but the tread wore down pretty fast (I wore them as my every day shoe) I just bought my seconds pair of Orchids they are deffinately the best shoes I have ever owned, they're made for bmx by bmxers they're awesome!
There is a BMX rider sweatshop in Indonesia?

5.10's are unbeatable. I haven't tried the Orchid's, which are also said to be really sweet, but 5.10's are literally unreal. You can't even pivot your foot or do little micro adjustments without lifting your foot off the pedal. It takes some getting used to, but for aggressive dh style riding 5.10's are where it's at.