Quantcast

Plattekill Bike Park's Annual Work to Ride Free Weekend April 24-25, 2010

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast

WORK/RIDE WEEKEND: Plattekill Bike Park is having the annual volunteer work/ride weekend, April 24 and 25, 2010. It’s for everyone interested in helping get the Plattekill bike trails kicked into shape and getting a chance to ride our world class trails before anyone else. This is your chance to be one on the first in the east to ride at a bike park. All who help out will get a free Lunch and a delicious BBQ along with a few other surprises that Plattekill Bike Park, Delta House and the Inner Circle have been working on. This fun weekend will give you a chance to meet up with friends that you haven’t seen since last season. It will also give you a chance to get your bike dialed in.

We'll be working on Saturday and riding on Sunday starting at 9am. Sign in at 9 am Saturday in the base lodge. You must sign in and work on Saturday to ride on Sunday.
All Saturday workers will ride for free on Sunday and receive a pass for another day of riding at the park.
Camping is free for the work weekend

2010 Eastern States Cup Regional Championship Series

#1 May 21/23 Plattekill – Pro/Am Gravity Tour - UCI Points – Jr World Team Qualifier
#2 June 5/6 Mount Snow – Welcome Back race
#3 June 26/27 Mount Snow – USAC VT State Championship
#4 July 3/5 Plattekill - Gravity East Series Race
#5 July 24/25 Mount Snow – Mountain Bike Festival – Rte 66 XC Race
#6 Aug 22/23 Plattekill – Pre World Cup Event
#7 Sep 18/19 Plattekill – USAC NY State Championship
#8 Oct 9/10 Plattekill – Series Finals

Downhill Race Fees:

$45 Cat3(beginner) Top 3 Medals and Prize
$50 Cat2(sport) Top 3 Medals and Cash and Prize ($5/Racer)
$60 Cat1(expert) Top 3 Medals and Cash and Prize ($10/Racer)
$70 USAC Pro Top 3 Medals and Cash ($20/Racer Minimum)

$85 USAC pro Race #1 $1575 Pro Purse Includes Friday Lift Ticket
$85 USAC pro Race #4 $1000 Pro Purse Includes Friday Lift Ticket

All Race Fees Include Saturday AND Sunday Lift Tickets

CAMPING: Camping facilities are located at Plattekill Mountain, nestled at the base of the mountain's natural bowl. RVs, campers and tents are all welcome! Cost for camping is $10/night per tent or camper/trailer.​

No Increases in lift fee’s for 2010:

All Day Lift $30
Two Day Same Weekend Lift $40
After 2pm Lift $23
One Time Lift with Bike $10
Trail Access (no lift) $15
Skyride $ 5
Season Pass $240
SEASON PASS SPECIAL UNTIL MAY 18, 2010……$199​

Plattekill Mountain is the longest operating bike park in the Northeast with
over 60 miles of bike-specific lift accessed trails operating two lifts to
two mountain peaks.

Roxbury, NY (607) 326-3500
george@plattekill.com
www.plattekill.com

Last edited:

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
About a dozen volunteers showed up a weekend before the offical work weekend to uncover the 2010 ProAm GRT-UCI race course that will be used May 21-23.

Thanks Guys !!!

In addition two new trails were cut, raked and prepped, we'd like to get these completed this weekend. The new trails, dubbed Upper and Lower El Passo will be the start of a new area at the Bike Park that hasn't seen action in years. If you like double diamond steep then these two are not to me missed.

and yes there was some riding​

Last edited:

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
I'll be there for sure Sunday to shoot. Tell lil' Ulmer to get his snips ready for the tire cutting vid a well.

Hesh To Steel

Monkey
Dec 12, 2007
Hell's Kitchen
New trails? :drool:

The trailwork day is almost as awesome as the ride day, since you get to walk the trails and get all amped for the next morning. Looking forward to it.

DHJUNKIE

Monkey
Sep 27, 2001
Cromwell, CT
hot damn i cannot wait to get up there. sorry for missing the work weekend guys! Family emergency this week going into the weekend but thanks for the hard work!

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
Leaf blowers go to the front of the line - gas supplied of course.

Next up rakes and clippers to cut back growth.

Maybe a hand saw or a shovel if you can carry it with a rake.

Please leave the chainsaws at home, along with the AR-15's (damn my eardrums are still bleeding).

Seriously, no chainsaws and no cutting new, fresh trails without Chris Nolan's permission.

Last edited:

jutny

Monkey
Jan 15, 2009
Montclair, NJ
i just owned my elbow on(r should i say, off) my moto... goddamn this hurts. got it sittin in some frozen corn at the moment.

still planning on attending though.

Feb 29, 2008
Will we be working on the double side or the triple side? Maybe a combo platter of sorts? It doesn't really matter, I'm just annoyed at work and would rather think about bikes.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Will we be working on the double side or the triple side? Maybe a combo platter of sorts? It doesn't really matter, I'm just annoyed at work and would rather think about bikes.
based on the work that was done last weekend, probably triple side.

I'm guessing they went with this side for the Pro GRT as it gets more sun and tends to be in better condition (read: not as wet and muddy) early season.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
you could always walk over to the other side if you wanted. its a bit of a hike, but still walkable

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
you could always walk over to the other side if you wanted. its a bit of a hike, but still walkable
that's a beast of a walk and you damn sure better make it worth the while. Let me tell you it's much easier on my sunday than my brooklyn.

Plus, half the trails over there are completely overgrown (or were last time I hiked it) to the point that I skipped the trip.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
that's a beast of a walk and you damn sure better make it worth the while. Let me tell you it's much easier on my sunday than my brooklyn.
its a easier to walk from the triple to the double since its downhill. the walk/hike from the double to the triple is more of a pain since there are some uphill hikes. we musta made that trip 5-6 times the last weekend last year to get to the triple....good times

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
dats cool...I usually go over there for "fun run" i think it's called, but we tried to spy hardcore and it was reclaimed by the woods. I think that was resurrected last year, but there are plenty of other trails on that side which I cut my teeth on and miss...

Feb 29, 2008
I really like the triple side a lot, but haven't gotten to ride it a ton. It seems like I always show up and the double is running. Hitting it during the last race of last year was awesome, though. I haven't tried going from one side to the other (at least on purpose).

Gotta get my leaf blower fired up tonight. I honestly don't think I have used it since last build/ride.

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
I believe this year we'll be working on both sides depending on turnout. Most of the triple side was cleared last weekend. I'm pretty sure the double will be fired up.

However there is more work to be done on the two new trails and one more "oldtimer" to be resurected on the triple side.

Weather sounds very good, bring plenty of beverages:D

BUNKERCHUNKS

Monkey
Apr 8, 2008
EAST COAST
I believe this year we'll be working on both sides depending on turnout. Most of the triple side was cleared last weekend. I'm pretty sure the double will be fired up.

However there is more work to be done on the two new trails and one more "oldtimer" to be resurected on the triple side.

Weather sounds very good, bring plenty of beverages:D
What he said:thumb: Nolan and I rode this past Monday, he took me to an old trail on the triple side called "The Chute" which will have a resurrection.:weee:
The double side was never touched this past weekend, it needs some love

jnooth

Monkey
Sep 19, 2008
Vermont Country
unfortunately i have a broken ankle and wont be able to ride for another few weeks. bummed im missing it i would love to help out! with all hope ill be ready for the first race!