Quantcast

Plattekill Bike Park's Annual Work to Ride Free Weekend April 24-25, 2010

soul-skier

Monkey
May 18, 2009
Mother Nature
What he said:thumb: Nolan and I rode this past Monday, he took me to an old trail on the triple side called "The Chute" which will have a resurrection.:weee:
The double side was never touched this past weekend, it needs some love
Does "The Chute" drop you off on the cat track dirctly above Broken Tooth? That's some steep steeze right there!:eek:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
ANYONE PLANNING ON CAMPING:

Just got word this morning that due to the dry conditions up in the Catskills there is a fire risk warning. That means that there are to be NO OPEN PIT FIRES. If you want to have a fire, you will need a metal pit of some sorts. The typical Platty Parking lot stone fire circle CANNOT BE USED. Bunker Bob will be camping out Saturday night and will have a 55 gallon drum as a fire pit - or in his words, a "bum fire".

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
The chute is a great section of trail with one or two nice drops, I'm happy to hear it is coming back.

Wish I could make it this weekend, I have to work. :(

Feb 29, 2008
Just borrowed two kind of clapped out leaf blowers from my dad, so I'll be bringing a grand total of 3 tomorrow. They're all running and ready to beat up some leaves. And earth day is over, so it's OK that they all run on gas.

Whoever wants can use one tomorrow, or, if I"m the only one, I'll fashion some kind of leaf blower jetpack. It's a win win either way, really.

Hesh To Steel

Monkey
Dec 12, 2007
Hell's Kitchen
Wet or dry, riding at Plattekill is awesome. Glad they ran the triple side in the afternoon, too. Those trails are super fun. Looking forward to getting back up there once it gets warm. I was wearing 4 layers plus armor and was getting a bit chilly sitting on that lift in the rain, haha.

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
Thank You all for helping out !! Saturday was a great day to be outside hanging/working with friends. It was cold and wet on Sunday but great to be riding in big groups. The trails on both peaks were whipped up to fantastic shape.

A few more old trails were revived on the triple side. I think we've forgotten more trails than most mountains have.:D

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
So I am told by many that Saturday will be a slopfest, there is still snow, blah blah

Yes - fun in the muck - but what is the truth, the scoop, TEH POOP?!!

huh?

Dont hate me because Im Banzaiful.

BUNKERCHUNKS

Monkey
Apr 8, 2008
EAST COAST
This Sat the mountain was "forest fire dry", they needed the Sunday rain . The conditions this weekend should be epic! They were this past Sunday.

Last edited: