Quantcast

Plattekill Eastern States Cup Race #9 POSTPONED

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
I hope the mountain is open as well. Right now there is no phone, internet or power. The roads going to the Roxbury are destroyed in many places. It might be hard to find a place other than Whiteface or Bromont this weekend. I'm heading up to Whiteface to check out this years 5K course and see all the trail work. The Whiteface ESC race is next weekend Sept 10-11.

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
My son and I used to ride "The Cliffs of Insanity" on our WalMart hardtails back in the late 90's. He still has that seat with ALL 22 lift tickets from our first year of riding. Those two bikes were the best $200 I ever spent. Back in those days when you bought a season pass at Gore Mt it would work for both Gore and Whiteface. It used to take us 45 min to get down Whiteface.

I love riding Whiteface !!

downhill mike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 23, 2005
You know what would be cool at this year 5 K DH? I wonder who is faster, Lazslo or me? This is the New York State Finals after all! Plattekill versus Whiteface! Are you listening Laz! If you race me at Whiteface I would race you at the Eastern States Cup Finals at Plattekill.

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
You know what would be cool at this year 5 K DH? I wonder who is faster, Lazslo or me? This is the New York State Finals after all! Plattekill versus Whiteface! Are you listening Laz! If you race me at Whiteface I would race you at the Eastern States Cup Finals at Plattekill.
Laszlo is a bit busy these days with the storm cleanup. I accept your challenge in his place. Are you listening Mike?

downhill mike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 23, 2005
I accept your challenge! If this race was on the Cliff's I know I could take you. Since we start on Drifting Terror, you actually have a chance.

How about just a timed run down the Cliff's of Insanity?

downhill mike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 23, 2005
Yes. As of yesterday exit 30 re-opened. They detoured you at Malfunction Junction into Elizabethtown, then another re-route once in Keene. So, each day is getting better. I am off to the mountain now and the road from Lake Placid is a go. Should be re-opening the bike park tomorrow and hoping to be 100%.

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
From the mountain regarding riding nthis weekend: still no word on weekend. still no power here and many roads not fully passable. will know later this week. will be a last minute announcement if we can pull it off. thanks!