Quantcast

Plattekill, July 2 & 3, 2011, Race n' Ride Memorial for Stephen Porraro

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
The Plattekill race July 2nd & 3rd will be a memorial to Steve. We hope you can join us for one or both days to share your fondest and funniest stories of the generous quirky vegetarian punk rock trail builder and 2008 Nationals Masters DH Champ, Stephen Porraro, while we bomb runs at his favorite mountain.

Please share this information with everyone you know who knew Steve and would like to be part of this very special weekend.

Thank you,
Terry

Last edited:

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Passed by the funeral home during one of his ceremonies, musta been a great guy because it was PACKED. Its rarely ever as filled as it was that night. I may be attending the race n ride

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
Passed by the funeral home during one of his ceremonies, musta been a great guy because it was PACKED. Its rarely ever as filled as it was that night. I may be attending the race n ride
Yo, if I make it back for this please introduce yourself. I look forward to meeting you.

BUNKERCHUNKS

Monkey
Apr 8, 2008
EAST COAST
What a great past weekend at Plattekill and the house! Just soo nice hanging and riding with Kathi! She is an amazing person and a wealth of knowledge about Plattekill and just about anything else.I did not have the pleasure of knowing Steven as well as some people on this forum ,but I see his footprint on that beautiful mountain all the time.

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
Bump for Porraro.

Very excited to have heard back from some old timers with confirmation they'll be there.

We still need and appreciate everyone's help to keep the word flowing.

I was pretty much all geared up to head east for the shindig then my new-to-me vehicle started not starting over the weekend. Wish me luck the fix won't soak up travel funds.

sikocycles

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2002
CT
Bump for Porraro.

Very excited to have heard back from some old timers with confirmation they'll be there.

We still need and appreciate everyone's help to keep the word flowing.

I was pretty much all geared up to head east for the shindig then my new-to-me vehicle started not starting over the weekend. Wish me luck the fix won't soak up travel funds.
Get here! I will be there that Sunday

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
I cant wait for Platty July 4 every year; this year extra meaning too!

I'll have to stay off the bike this week so I dont prolong my pregnant elbow syndrome and be able to ride like the tiger!!

Siko - didja get that suspension dialed yet? I have some springs and a compression reducer screwdriver!! ;)

sikocycles

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2002
CT
I cant wait for Platty July 4 every year; this year extra meaning too!

I'll have to stay off the bike this week so I dont prolong my pregnant elbow syndrome and be able to ride like the tiger!!

Siko - didja get that suspension dialed yet? I have some springs and a compression reducer screwdriver!! ;)
I left the spring and put it to 9.5" and felt better

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
Another bump for Stephen.

Looks like there will be a few words spoken in his honor then a moment of silence held at the base of the mtn prior to racers heading up for their race run Sunday morning. Don't miss it!

Keep spreading the word and encouraging people to come even if they aren't racing. It's going to be a great weekend celebrating the life of a good man who gave a lot more of himself to enrich the riding community than many of us might realize.

As long as El Subaru makes it across the country I will be there. Looking forward to seeing everyone and bombing runs nonstop top to bottom for three days straight. Who's in?

swiftknee

Chimp
Feb 10, 2005
they'll be bacon frying up all weekend
with new team member Desmond cookin it up
also joined by his sous chef and keeper of the kitchen Tammie

MOUNTAIN BREWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!

GSOED

T-MAC

Chimp
May 31, 2011
Does the 65 dollar entry fee and weekend lift ticket include monday as well? Or do you need to grab another ticket if you plan on staying and riding the fourth as well?

Thanks

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
Siko, you're stuttering. You're going no matter how many lifts are open. You'll be there if no lifts are open and you have to hike your ass up that mtn.

But maybe you're asking on behalf of people you're helping to spread the word to? If so, just tell them both - you know that no matter what answer we might get from Laz it's never set in stone. *big stupid grin*

Speaking of the people you're helping to spread the word to, is AJ going? He didn't respond to my email. How about Myles Tree Stomp?

sikocycles

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2002
CT
Siko, you're stuttering. You're going no matter how many lifts are open. You'll be there if no lifts are open and you have to hike your ass up that mtn.

But maybe you're asking on behalf of people you're helping to spread the word to? If so, just tell them both - you know that no matter what answer we might get from Laz it's never set in stone. *big stupid grin*

Speaking of the people you're helping to spread the word to, is AJ going? He didn't respond to my email. How about Myles Tree Stomp?
That is true. I will be there. Just want both lifts so we can do more runs together.
Not sure about AJ. Tree Stomp will not be there but will be going with a different friend

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
WTF? I mean, bummer!! What about the following w/e?
yeah, i am bummed i cant make it for this one. my brother's show opens in Philly this weekend and i really wanted to hit Windham the following weekend (and platty as well:thumb:)
you riding the weekend after the 4th too?