Quantcast

Plattekill on Sunday

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
I just wanted everyone who wasn't there to know how great plattekill was on sunday. All i can say is people are lucky I didn't race cause I was tearing shyt up. :thumb:
My buddy was telling me i should race, he said "i owe it to myself" sicne i'm pretty fast. OH well i can't wait on line all day. I'm fast because i ride all day instead of standing around:D

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
Nice. i want to race but don't like waiting. I rode all day with almost nobody on the trails. My buddy got 1st in sport. i told him no more sport since he beat all sport times by like 15 seconds

dhmtbj

Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Boston
Originally posted by Lexx D
Nice. i want to race but don't like waiting. I rode all day with almost nobody on the trails. My buddy got 1st in sport. i told him no more sport since he beat all sport times by like 15 seconds
You should give it a try, you don't have to wait in most cases. Practice isn't too crowded usually and the slower riders will move when you come up behind them. And the have start sheets saying when each class goes off. Its good times and it makes you ride faster than just freeriding cause the clock is always in the back of your mind. And your buddy should move up for sure. I just checked out the sport times and some of them would have been top 10 in pro, what the hell...

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
Yeah thats my buddy Dave(he clocked like 3:45 or something) I think he's still in the under18 class(not 100% sure). I will race one day, i didn't like the top of the course to much work for a lazy man like myself.:D Fun either way.

nixhexss

Monkey
Oct 17, 2001
New York
Originally posted by dhmtbj
And your buddy should move up for sure. I just checked out the sport times and some of them would have been top 10 in pro, what the hell...
it's called riding on a much faster course. where they would split, we had sections that were ten seconds longer at least ( i think)

dhmtbj

Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Boston
Originally posted by nixhexss
it's called riding on a much faster course. where they would split, we had sections that were ten seconds longer at least ( i think)
ah yes, totally forgot that, those sections added a lot of time.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
I was there, fun course on Sat, pretty slick and crappy on sun (morning, at least). That flat/uphill section SUCKED. I don't mind pedaling in the beginning of the course, but to throw something like that in 3/4 of the way down was just torture. Guess that's incentive to get on the road bike for some decent miles before the next race. Died on that flat section but still came in 6th in expert 25-29. Glad I moved up from sport... :D

dante
yellow Iron Horse ;)

springfish

Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Hood River, Oregon
What waiting around? They said my class would start at 2:00. They were DEAD on. I rode the whole morning having a great time, got to the top and waited for 10 minutes before I started. I only pre-rode the course 2 times, once on Saturday, once on Sunday. Ended up with 3rd.

Don't wait in line at the lift either, just jump on with your bike.

;)

Guess?Who

Monkey
Nov 21, 2003
S.I.N.Y
I had the best time Sunday. My new bike kicked @ss. (Thanks Speedjunkie). The course was fun, even the wet root sections. What a difference this Nucleon is compare to my old Stab Primo. Springfish, You were right about the pedaling part in the beginning, it was a joke with our bikes. I came in 2nd in my class. I would have got 1st but I was riding real cocky a washed out twice, oh well at least I went home with a medal.

dhmtbj

Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Boston
Originally posted by DS Dom
Oh so that was you, Didnt know you were a fellow :monkey:

I took 1st in expert 19-24 the course totally rocked.
ya, i was riding a borrowed black and blue BB7, still waiting on my rig...definitely a sweet course!!

springfish

Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Hood River, Oregon
Originally posted by Guess?Who
What a difference this Nucleon is compare to my old Stab Primo. Springfish, You were right about the pedaling part in the beginning, it was a joke with our bikes. I came in 2nd in my class. I would have got 1st but I was riding real cocky a washed out twice, oh well at least I went home with a medal.
Totally man. My nucleon just plowed through the rough stuff without any chain feedback or derailer slap. I was actually laughing.

What time did you pull? I had a 4:09

Guess?Who

Monkey
Nov 21, 2003
S.I.N.Y
Originally posted by springfish
Totally man. My nucleon just plowed through the rough stuff without any chain feedback or derailer slap. I was actually laughing.

What time did you pull? I had a 4:09
That' a great time. You would have got 4th in expert. The top three in your sport class had better times than expert class. My friend broke his chain and got 4.39 and only placed 12th in sport, if he raced expert he would have came in 6th. I did it in 5.15 (not bad for a rookie with two falls) I was happy. Very happy to be at Platty again.
See yea soon.

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
That' a great time. You would have got 4th in expert. The top three in your sport class had better times than expert class. My friend broke his chain and got 4.39 and only placed 12th in sport, if he raced expert he would have came in 6th. I did it in 5.15 (not bad for a rookie with two falls) I was happy. Very happy to be at Platty again.
See yea soon.
Except for the fact that the experts had a different line in one section. It added around 10-15 seconds from what I've been told.

dhmtbj

Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Boston
See yea soon.
I made this same mistake or comparing sport times to the pro/exepert times. The sport beginner lines totalled about 15 to 20 seconds faster than expert/pro lines.

dhmtbj

Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Boston
Originally posted by Lexx D
Except for the fact that the experts had a different line in one section. It added around 10-15 seconds from what I've been told.
two sections actually

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
Either way I think it's good to see sport riders posting times good enough to move up. The gromets are coming watch out:D

Johnny Wadd

Chimp
Mar 1, 2004
Brooklyn
I want to see pictures and videos,,, anyone got any???
Great time! Congrats to Guess Who? and everyone else who placed !
great time!