Quantcast

Plattekill TRAIL WORK WEEKEND DATE CHANGE

bansheefr

Monkey
Dec 27, 2004
Do you want/need people to bring their own tools? I have some simple stuff I can throw in the car; rake, shovel, sawzall.

Who plans on camping Saturday night at the mountain? I will bring pallets.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
rakes and shovels are nice to help clear out some dead fall and leaves but id say to leave the power tools at home and let those who work there handle the cutting.

leaf blowers are great though

BUNKERCHUNKS

Monkey
Apr 8, 2008
EAST COAST
Do you want/need people to bring their own tools? I have some simple stuff I can throw in the car; rake, shovel, sawzall.

Who plans on camping Saturday night at the mountain? I will bring pallets.
YES! Any tools you would bring in to your local trails is the best bet ,just leave the chainsaws at home. Sign-in begins at 8:00 am we start at 9:30

nh dude

Monkey
May 30, 2003
Vt
are the temps getting low enough to groom still or is the mountain all "bumped up" radio ron style?

2 legends meet:

the ski suit man was @ a uvm ski film premier october 2008 in burlington. im planning to camp the workweek unless it absolute rain

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
The inner circle is working all next weekend, removing the big trees from the trails. (we have a punch list of the big downfall) and an arsenal of chainsaws:thumb:. will be buzzing. we will ride sunday (lift acc) after sunday tree work is done.. I will post pics.. Trail work weekend will be epic
Bob, I am now freed up for working with the "inner circle" (the bellybutton???) this Saturday! Will buzz ya - Jim

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Great headstart work yesterday - scouted/roughly planned the UCI/Pro Grt. pro/Cat 1 course, did a lot of tree cutting, walked most of the Cat2/3 course. Also, some new booters were built and rebuilt on various trails!