Quantcast

Plattekilll area

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
holy crap...I wouldn't preregister for that race if I were you....

Hope everybody's OK. I know the BBQ joint in Andes is OK, so at least we've got that.

batts65

Monkey
Aug 27, 2002
Upstate NY
I saw some clips of that area, Blenheim which is further north was under water on Route 30. Heard the Covered Bridge was damaged.

Also there are shots of downtown Windham under water too.

I hope everyone is ok.

** Edit... Windham:

I can see the diner to the left we had breakfast at, the waitress actually followed my wife and I out the door telling us we left too much of a tip!!!

Last edited:

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
A decision will be made regarding this weekends ESC race at Plattekill in the next 24 hours. The lodge and lower mountain are fine. The finish arch is gone. The local infrastructure is devastated.

DHJUNKIE

Monkey
Sep 27, 2001
Cromwell, CT
Remember when the June/July race used to be called "The Extreme Flood Waters Challenge". Time to make that the name of the August race from now on.
yes i do remember that one! i actually missed that race for some reason but remember the stories of everyone being stuck at the mountain.

simontac

Chimp
Jul 29, 2010
Oh my... Me and two buddies road Plattekill on Saturday. Drove up from Diablo Saturday morning, through all those beautiful scenic and idyllic little towns and villages. Got detoured through Margaretville because of a farmers market on the main street, and just watched a video of that exact street and village now under water!
Passed one of the covered bridges near Blenheim, with a historic plaque for longest or oldest or something - and I now hear it is gone and the village is no more??

Best wishes to all in the Catskill region. It was a beautiful area - I wish you all well in rebuilding.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
we'll be sending supplies ASAP

At the Presbyterian Church in Margaretville they have an urgent need for the following: laundry soap, toilet paper, soap, toothpaste, cleaning supplies (ajax and clorox etc), underwear kids and adults, charcoal and lighter fluid, shoes esp childrens, socks, denture cleaner, adult pjs, boxers.

Mailing Address
89 Orchard ST
...Margaretville NY 12455
Be sure to mark in big letters " Flood Relief "

Last edited:

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
From the mountain regarding riding nthis weekend: still no word on weekend. still no power here and many roads not fully passable. will know later this week. will be a last minute announcement if we can pull it off. thanks!