Quantcast

PLATTEPALOOZA ESC Finals Oct 9-10, 2010- Eastern States Cup Points 9/24/10

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast

With one Double Points Race to Go at Plattekill Bike Park, October 9-10, 2010, the ESC is wide open in every catagory. The Last Chance for Glory Race is being combined with Plattepalooza. The course will be ready to ride this Weekend and pics will be posted soon.

Plattepalooza
* Ski & Bike Swap Sale (15% of proceeds benefit our volunteer Ski Patrol)Bring up all your old mountain bikes, skis, snowboards, almost anything!!!
* Live Music - Coyote Love (Sat 2-6pm), The Reedemers (Sun 12-3pm)
* Fall-foliage Sky Rides (FREE for everyone who buys a season pass!)
* HUGE outdoor bbq & mouth-watering season beverages!
* Face painting, bounce house, skicrow contest, scavenger hunt and MORE!
* Series Finale Mtn Bike Races
* WINTER SEASON PASSES AT LAST YEARS SEASON PASS RATES...
to anyone who buys their pass Oct 9-10 weekend! Just one catch --you gotta be here IN PERSON to buy 'em (no phone orders).
So start countin' down the days till winter! Hope to see you here!

Much More Info to Come !!

Come Freeride this Weekend Teaser

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
I can't really tell from the trail map, is that the ProGRT course from the beginning of the year?
The top section is to the left of the fun run on the triple side it goes to "The Chute" and a tight, steep and fast off camber section that was revived during the work weekend. From there Nolan uncovered the rest of the trail over the past two weeks. His berm placement is perfect to carry speed. The finish is over broken tooth (like the progrt) and over to the wall ride.:thumb:

ldw222

Monkey
Jun 16, 2009
Rochester, NY
are you guys going to have friday practice at this one? or is it just saturday and sunday? it looks like you guys have put a lot of work into this again...thanks!

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
are you guys going to have friday practice at this one? or is it just saturday and sunday? it looks like you guys have put a lot of work into this again...thanks!
Just Saturday and Sunday, there's plenty to get ready for with all that's going on. Bring your bikes and gear to sell. There is no contribution for what you sell in the lot. Only if you turn it in and sell thru the ski Club in the lodge.

Saturdays Band sounds pretty good. They will be on from 2-6 pm. Coyote Love.

Here's a clip of Sunday's Band They will be on from noon to 3pm.

Good Times haha:thumb:

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
Ok, both lifts running, timed practice runs on Saturday, camping, bon fire, two bands, swap sale, Helicopter rides.

And a top course change, now it looks like it will be the top flowy section of the 2010 ProGRT course to "The Chute". :thumb:

Hesh To Steel

Monkey
Dec 12, 2007
Hell's Kitchen
Was gonna try to get up there sunday but now if both lifts are running maybe we'll do both days up there.

When both lifts are going, I think riders have easy access to more trails at Platty than at any other mountain on the east coast.

Stoked for this.

bfrich

Monkey
May 30, 2007
ct
I'll be there with the fam on Sat and solo on Sunday. Anyone want to kidsit so's I and the wife can take a run together? :)
Jim if your serious....we would watch over him for a half hour while you guys took a run.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Jim if your serious....we would watch over him for a half hour while you guys took a run.
Thanks Rich - we may take you up on this! We'll have to see how E-1 reacts. He'll most likely be on his bike, though (and has told us that he wants to race around the parking lot) - just keep him away from Alvis!

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
as long as people still show up to ride, until its cold enough to start making snow. generally its sometime during the first week or 2 of november
i know generally...but the race season ends so early this year, i thought riding might. I hope to get out another 1 or 2 times...sadly not this weekend....go monkeyfest!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i know generally...but the race season ends so early this year, i thought riding might. I hope to get out another 1 or 2 times...sadly not this weekend....go monkeyfest!
I suspect that the final race was pushed up a week or 2 to try and keep it from being a snow race :rofl:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
that was one of the reasons, but we did get crapped on two years ago when it dumped 20"+ on the mountain in October
do you still have the helmet cam footage of you me and miller carving down one of the slopes in the snow last year? or does miller have it?

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
I'm planning on leaving Western MA around 7:30 Friday night.

I'm bringing the fun bus- anyone who is heading out along the I90 or Rt2 corridor who wants to buspool is very much encouraged to come with me.

I've got a spare bunk and a spot on the nice carpeted floor, central heat and air and room for 9 bikes and a full pit kit.
I'm not racing, so if people want to pick up gas and a few beers I'd be more than willing to wrench for you. I'd be more than willing to wrench for everyone actually...

Anyone have a spare fork I could borrow that isn't an ancient Hydracoil boxxer?