Quantcast

Platty DH #5

jcook90

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2006
Connecticut
was the sport/beginner course the same course that its been for the past 2 races? Corners before the DS course...any chance its the same parts of trails from the 6th or 7th race last year?

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
it was my first time up there ever, it was pretty cool really didnt know what to expect. i really should have entered sport since i beat second by 31 seconds or w/e it was. my bad but hey i didnt know what the class's were like or anything. next time ill bump up to sport.

EM-EFER

Monkey
May 29, 2007
Expert course was great.. Super techinical and lots of turns. It was the longest course I have ridden there this year..

The gravity east finals are supposed to be on the upwards of 6 minutes.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
man i miss platty. that place is the sh*t. how much did it rain?

also gonna be back to rock out platty first weekend of october if any y'all gonna be there.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
man i miss platty. that place is the sh*t. how much did it rain?

also gonna be back to rock out platty first weekend of october if any y'all gonna be there.
i might. there was just enough rain to make it slick but very little standing water for most of the mountain. I didn't ride the race course (wasn't racing) but I rode elsewhere.

Nothing brings a smile to my face like riding at plattekill...well, maybe drinking and riding at plattekill....

NY_Star

Turbo Monkey
it was my first time up there ever, it was pretty cool really didnt know what to expect. i really should have entered sport since i beat second by 31 seconds or w/e it was. my bad but hey i didnt know what the class's were like or anything. next time ill bump up to sport.
Ya i was the one in second. I am moving up to sport too. The next begginer coarse is going to be really easy.

Also if you have any PIX post them here i want to see them.
Max

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
Wow, geoff win's platty in total with only two kids in jr x.

Man has attendence gone down the drain there. That's just too bad. I really miss that place.

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
Ulmer's a rocket. It was a deluxe treat to be there by chance for his domination last weekend. Can't wait to see The Kid on the WC circuit. GO GEOFF!!!

...and heal up strong and complete Old Man. 7 months might seem like forever, but if you come back too quick you'll just add to the seeming life-sentence. Hang in there.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
haha and Geoff's dad is a riot! i'm so jealous you went to platty already. but i'll be there in october riding through a sea of golden leaves.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Ulmer's a rocket. It was a deluxe treat to be there by chance for his domination last weekend. Can't wait to see The Kid on the WC circuit. GO GEOFF!!!

...and heal up strong and complete Old Man. 7 months might seem like forever, but if you come back too quick you'll just add to the seeming life-sentence. Hang in there.
The old man'll be fine! (Just don't call him "Coach", as I did at Whiteface!) George has some funny stories...esp. about the employees he's fired for sniffing paint at the factory!

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
The old man'll be fine! (Just don't call him "Coach", as I did at Whiteface!) George has some funny stories...esp. about the employees he's fired for sniffing paint at the factory!
Thanks for the heads up. (Note to self: include "coach" to the How To Piss Off Old Man Ulmer list. LOL.)

Nice shot of the celebrity em-effer.

Hey kranked, it was beyond awesome to be there. Very excited for your upcoming trip. Take pics of the autumn splendor for me, wouldja, thanks.

The riding was spectacular as ever. A rain soaked saturday didn't bother me a bit. Rode with all kinds of fun people and the parking lot posse made me feel like royalty all weekend. Hated to leave and cursed the Catskills for not having the house and machine shop we needed back when the relocation was being researched.

Hey Sammich, thanks for saying hi because I wouldn't have recognized you otherwise. I hope your friend's eye is okay with the colorful shiner he was sporting by the end of the day. Never got the story on how it happened but it wasn't there when I saw them in the morning so it had to be a big kiss from the 'kill.

Trying to pull it together to send my ol' man back for the final weekend since it's around his birthday.

There's no place like Plattekill...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
haha T that's why I chose to go the weekend I did... my b-day is the monday I get back so its pretty much a present to myself. Priorities yo.

doc still clicking his heels on the swingarm to get the Laz of Oz to whisk him back there?? :biggrin:

NY_Star

Turbo Monkey
Ya My birthday was on Saturday (practice day) There was not a better was to spend it. Also Did any of you meet Julio Cesar. That dude is the ****. He is a brazilan cheft that cooks the best pit food ever. He is so funny and he is one of the faster guys. Check him out if you have not met him.

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
Laz of Oz. Nice one.

Haven't seen Doc in the heel clicking act again but I think he was bummed I cleaned all the mud off the bike before he got to it.

Happy early birfday krankage.

edit: and happy belated to you Tomac racer. Didn't meet this Julio fella but sounds like a good friend to have, a ripper and a good pit cook.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Laz of Oz. Nice one.

Haven't seen Doc in the heel clicking act again but I think he was bummed I cleaned all the mud off the bike before he got to it.

Happy early birfday krankage.
Great idea... I'm gonna bring some Platty mud back in a jar to keep in my desk at work as motivation :D

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
I should have done the same. And I regret not taking pictures, especially of all the people I miss so much.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I should have done the same. And I regret not taking pictures, especially of all the people I miss so much.
That's one thing high on my list of to-do's there. Get a group shot w/ all of the racing/riding family. Even Laz. I'll bring you back a jar of dirt too T!

nh dude

Monkey
May 30, 2003
Vt
julio and his companions from nj hold it down in the pits. Bazillion behr bay kU is really really good. those guys do some funny ****.

if they are going to have a six min course hopefully it will use the other side of the mountain, cause they got the jump coming from that direction.