Quantcast

Playing Hookie for the bike??

Arsbars

"Finger Lickin' Good"
Mar 25, 2003
Charlotte, NC
Anyone called in late or sick to work to go ride your bike? I grabbed a ride this morning on my new bike (which i'll post in a different thread.) Now I'll be showing up three hours late to work. I had a good excuse though, someone DID hit my car this morning and it was TONS of drama. :nopity:

So confess, who's done it. And isn't it a GREAT feeling??

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
If I had a nickel for every time I called in sick to ride, or left early to ride, or came in late because of a ride... I could retire.

I did it all for the hookie!

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Arsbars said:
Anyone called in late or sick to work to go ride your bike? I grabbed a ride this morning on my new bike (which i'll post in a different thread.) Now I'll be showing up three hours late to work. I had a good excuse though, someone DID hit my car this morning and it was TONS of drama. :nopity:

So confess, who's done it. And isn't it a GREAT feeling??
I do it all the time. :D

However, if I worked in a shop I'd be reluctant to start a thread on a bike forum about skipping work to ride. :p

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
i skipped school once to ride. but it was just a day the school used to have us register for classes. i registered and got the hell out of there and rode :thumb:

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
yep yep... if I do, it's usually for the entire day. I've taken longer lunch breaks to work on my bike or to pick up something for the bike, but never due to actual riding.

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
I wish I could say I did skip out on work to go riding :( . But I'm here every day regardless, sick, or hungover, or broken bones. I haven't had a vacation since Nov 2002. :dead:

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
ROCKLAND said:
I wish I could say I did skip out on work to go riding :( . But I'm here every day regardless, sick, or hungover, or broken bones. I haven't had a vacation since Nov 2002. :dead:
Goodgod why? :dead: What do you do?

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
BikeGeek said:
Goodgod why? :dead: What do you do?
I work for a small welding shop ( < 30 employees ). The only other guy here, that does the same job I do, is my boss and he has kids :rolleyes: . I don't have kids. The company just squeeks by, and I got laid off last summer for a short period of time. Lost several weeks of accumulated vacation. :mumble:

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
I never have called in sick. i've left early though.

i have the feeling the day I call in sick to ride is the day I'll break something bigtime.
not sure how I'll explain how I broke something when I was sitting at home sick...

more importantly, I don't lie. unlike the rest of the world......