Quantcast

Please help me find a place to race for spring break.

dorfonbikes

Chimp
Apr 29, 2002
So here's the deal. Our cycling club from school here in cold wisconsin gets a chance to take a trip for spring break. The only catch is that we have to actually attend a race while we are road tripping. So the thing is, we need to find a race to attend pretty quickly. We get break from March 19th, until March 28. Our group consists of people from every catagory of riders. We have anyone from roadies, to trials, to bmx, to downhill, to xc mountain and would like to satisfy a little bit from each of them. Obviously for spring break we are no different from everyone else and would like to visit some place warm. We have no limits to where we can go, except that I'm pretty sure it just needs to be in the continental U.S. If you know ANYWHERE that is holding a race for any discipline for any skill level, please let me know.

Thank you very much,
Justin

dorfonbikes@hotmail.com

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
dorfonbikes said:
So here's the deal. Our cycling club from school here in cold wisconsin gets a chance to take a trip for spring break. The only catch is that we have to actually attend a race while we are road tripping. So the thing is, we need to find a race to attend pretty quickly. We get break from March 19th, until March 28. Our group consists of people from every catagory of riders. We have anyone from roadies, to trials, to bmx, to downhill, to xc mountain and would like to satisfy a little bit from each of them. Obviously for spring break we are no different from everyone else and would like to visit some place warm. We have no limits to where we can go, except that I'm pretty sure it just needs to be in the continental U.S. If you know ANYWHERE that is holding a race for any discipline for any skill level, please let me know.

Thank you very much,
Justin

dorfonbikes@hotmail.com

March 20 XC Central Park 3 Hours of Power Spring Series #2 Schenectady, NY www.bikereg.com

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
Bah, that schenectady race looks wack... Mandatory dismount across busy road?. Semi-technical course (enough to stipulate mtb's only in the flier). 24hr race format? Not my cup of tea.
You guys should head down to the Knoxville TN area. There is a SERC race http://goneriding.com/2005/SERC/2005-SERC.htm on the 20th that you could pull an all-nighter to get to.

You can stay at basecamp at NOC, get in some awesome road riding around there, sample the famous Tsali trails, head over to brevard to ride Pisgah. That should cover everyones bases.

You could also hit up the SECCC race at FSU the 26-27th http://www.fsucyclists.org/FloridaStateRaceWeekend.doc
Get yerselves at least down to Tennesee!

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
MMcG said:
Do you think this will really take place on March 20th????

I can't forsee any type of racing taking place here in CT in March, let alone early April.

Friggin snow.
Actually Mark, Race #1 has been pushed back to March 27th due to snow. Not sure how the rest of the dates will pan out, if they'll all be pushed back or not.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I still can't see race #1 going off - that's not too far off from now - and if the conditions in NY are anything like they are here in CT I just don't see it happening - unless they race in snow and slop.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
MMcG said:
I still can't see race #1 going off - that's not too far off from now - and if the conditions in NY are anything like they are here in CT I just don't see it happening - unless they race in snow and slop.
The race IS on a CX course. :p

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Heather says race #2 (3 hours) is still a go for the 20th, and then race #1 (2 hours) is on the 27th (Easter)

I was planning on doing these........but we do have a lot of snow, and even if it warms up it will be a big frigging mess, a cold/wet/muddy mess

dorfonbikes

Chimp
Apr 29, 2002
Thanks everyone for all of your wonderful input. We decided to skip classes on friday and thursday, and get outta town early thursday morning. We are going to try and make the super d and xc in phoenix for the NOVA NORBA National.

Thanks a lot,
Justin