Quantcast

Please Help, What profile crank and BB will fit my p.1 (also crank recommendations)

dubbed_monk

Chimp
May 2, 2005
Hi,
In the market for a new set of cranks, BB and chainstay/guide .
Looking into getting a set of profile cranks but I don't know what bottom bracket will fit on my p.1 (bmx bb or euro bb) and what size?
If anyone can help. Also any recommendations on a chainstay/guide (ie: e.thirteen, mrp world cup2)

Also if you have any other suggestion for a crank, bb and chainstay set-up let me know.

Thanks you your help in advance.

offdawalley

Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
hella over the rainbow
mountain bikes have euro bb, except for a few exceptions. And I think that the bb is a 68 but the other option is a 73, wide that is. if you bring it to a bike shop they could tell you. As for cranks, I have profiles on my dirt jump bike and they work great, I haven't had any issues with them yet. Be sure that you have the correct spacer inside the bb that the profiles come with, there is a black one and a silver one.I also have an e13 and its all you can ask from a chainguide if its working like it should be, never dropped the chain.

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
uh,, bmx cranks use spacers so no need to worry about the 68-73 thing, so just a plain old Profile Euro should work just fine

dubbed_monk

Chimp
May 2, 2005
Thanks for your help.
I'm going to order my profile cranks today from Danscomp. They have the best prices i've seen so far.....
If anyone know of another place let me know.

Do you know where I can get the e.13 for a good price?
Thanks

dubbed_monk

Chimp
May 2, 2005
It's no longer a single speed, I have a 9 speed cassette in the rear now...

Yeah, I have to see if they have a 4bolt spider for my chainring.
If not does anyone know where I can get one.....
I found the e.thirteen at price point for 109. I think that's the cheapest i've seen it for so far.

This sux, I wanted to have my bike fix by sunday to hit Cathedral Pines.
At this rate I don't think it's going to happen......
Can't beleive I busted my bb and bent my crank a little. :mad:

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
go deity man so many advantages over profiles. comes with 2 spacers for the bb for correct bb size instead of messing around with a few spacers. wayyyy tighter tolerances meaning cranks dont come loose every ride (on my three bikes all season, none have needed to be tightened) and they come in white and black over chrome and black. plus eric and the rest of the crew are stand up guys and awesome to deal with

ps the bearings are nicer in the deity cranks also and they are lighter than a profile set up by 20-50 grams i believe

offdawalley

Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
hella over the rainbow
yeah I like deity too but I couldn't get as good of a deal on them compared to what I paid for the profiles, I just had to pay for the bearings and cups and bolts, and I haven't had to tighten the profiles all summer. But if price wasn't an issue, I would get the deity's. And I have a FSA spider, My friend got it for me through BTI, a supplier for bike shops. So you could order one from a bike shop.