Quantcast

Please help!

than

Chimp
Aug 27, 2002
VA
I need some information about dirt jumping and about riders sharing a skatepark with skaters. Have any of you been involved with building public facilities? Does anyone know where to find demographics for the town planners. Any help would be appreciated.
THAN

than

Chimp
Aug 27, 2002
VA
Today, a guy came into the shop and was looking for some input on a skate park the will be building in a nearby town. The "skaters" don't want to allow bikes to use this facility and are tring to keep bikes out. My opinion is that skaters and bikers get along quite nicely and with such a small town, i don't think the park will be overcrowded. Then, I told the guy about dirt jumping. I am probably more intrested in this than riding the ramps at a skate park. Then this guy started asking me questions like, "how many riders would be intrested in the dirt jump?" and "how will a 'dirt' area be maintained. SO, I need to gather as much information as I can for my next meeting. I would really like to see this happen and finally have a place to jump. Thanks for you help on this one!
THAN

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
I would suggest contacting the BRO group.

I would also suggest fighting as hard as you can to get bikes into the park. it's stupid to not allow them in.

people have to understand how the two sports are different though. skateboarders can start from 10 feet away and can go much slower than a bike.

different sports that enjoy the same obsticles(sp)

dirt is fun but so is slapping the coping and busting out some airs on concrete