Quantcast

POC Sports gear...

EastCoaster

Monkey
Mar 30, 2002
Southeastern PA
Saw an ad for them in Decline.
Swedish company crossing over from snow to two wheeled sports.

Anyone know anything about them?
Price points that the gear will be focused?

I took a look at their site and I really dig the fact that their stuff is fairly "plain" as far as solid colors and straightforward graphics.

I have to admit, I'm not into all of the over-graphic'd, 80's retro flashback color stuff that's going on right now.

ROTFLMAO

Monkey
Nov 17, 2007
Maumee, Ohio
From what I've read it's going to be Dainese level expensive. It does look really nice though. I'd like to try on one of the full faces.

The only thing that worries me about their pressure suits is the fact that the back protection fits in a sleeve in the back of the suit basically covering it with a layer of spandex. I know when I bail and slide down the trail on some rocks I tear huge holes in my jersey and gouge the plastic on the spine protector of my 661 assault suit. I have a feeling that the POC suit will be susceptible to damage in those situations.

EastCoaster

Monkey
Mar 30, 2002
Southeastern PA
Yeah, their one, more ventilated fully looks pretty nice. I have a large noggin so I'm hoping that they follow the trend of most other Euro companies and offer larger sizes. XL, XXL, etc.

I'd like to see something offered in-between the skate bucket and a full face. I currently ride with a Giro Hex (JUST fits...) but I'd like to see something with a little more coverage for my trail riding needs....