Quantcast

Point 1 Racing Infinite DM stem

Trekrules

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2007
Point 1 Racing has showed on Interbike their new adjustable DM stem,the realy cool thing about this DM stem is that it uses a rotating cam insert that allow the rider to adjust their reach adjustment & height by only rotating the cam insert.

It's adjustable between 47,5mm & 57,5mm but it also can adjust the bar height from +2mm about the topcrown to -8mm below the topcrown,this means the rider can setup their bars to their own prefrence:thumb:

Adjustments:

■Reach 47.5mm to 57.5mm
■Height +2mm about the topcrown to -8mm below the topcrown

Weight:
■132g claimed

Colors:
■Anodized Black
■White Powdercoat

http://www.sicklines.com/2010/09/23/2010-interbike-2011-point-one-racing-infinite-dm-and-90mm-split-second-stem/

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
Super bloody cool, but I wonder how many assclowns are going to end up with funny angled bars because the cams aren't lined up. :D

I know that would be tricky to do, but never doubt the ability of a rider to F something up.

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
I like the idea of off-center mounting system, buy will probably need more cleaning...

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
looks interesting, yet quite frail. Not entirely sure that people actually notice 2 mm of difference either, the placebo effect can be great though

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
I did not get to see this at the show, even though I heard about it.

I will say one thing, the people at Point 1 are such nice guys, that love what they do, ride bikes and keep it american!

Trekrules

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2007
how is the cam rotated? just by spinning it with your fingers?
Yes as the good man explained it in that vid how the cam system works,pick the rigth setting and your'e done:D.That's the beauty of this stem that sets appart from the other DM stems on the market.

Pip3r

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2001
Foxboro MA
Looks great but its not totally fresh - Manitou did this with the clamps on the Travis and it was pretty nice to have! This looks to offer much more adjustment though.

descente

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Sandy Eggo
its a cool idea, but i for see creaky handlebars and lots of cleaning. i'm not that anal about how my bike is setup, but its cool to see how everyone is trying to add different adjustments with minimal penalties. point one does badass stuff and they are definitely at the top of the game as far as innovation goes.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
I always though 1mm headset spacers and 5mm stem increments were fine. That thing looks like it's answering a problem that doesn't exist and making something simple more complicated

klunky

Turbo Monkey
Oct 17, 2003
Scotland
Super bloody cool, but I wonder how many assclowns are going to end up with funny angled bars because the cams aren't lined up. :D

I know that would be tricky to do, but never doubt the ability of a rider to F something up.
It will balance out when they fit the angle adjusting headset squint :D

May 27, 2009
point one does badass stuff and they are definitely at the top of the game as far as innovation goes.
totally. love their stuff. it's WAY cleaner than other adjustable stems that have extra mounting holes that hang over. always hated that. plus you get the nice bonus of vertical adjustment too :thumb: and holy crap thats light.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
man, i tried to get a buddy to design a stem like this but no dice. looks great. Is the cam for 25.6 or 31.8mm bars? sorry if i glazed over it.

May 27, 2009
man, i tried to get a buddy to design a stem like this but no dice. looks great. Is the cam for 25.6 or 31.8mm bars? sorry if i glazed over it.
its for 31.8 only I think. I really like it. Theres a reason that pro riders are using 5mm spacers under their direct mounts. They like to tweak their bar heights for different courses and such.
not going to make the world of difference, but still better than other stems.

SCARY

Not long enough
Wait.....now everything is to low?Their sponsors made bars and stems so low, with no options,now they have to raising everything back up?
........Crap....I'm gonna start cutting my bars down under 24"just so I'm ahead of the trend that's sure to follow.