Pole: Vote for Bush again?

If you voted for Bush, would you again?

• Yep, I'd vote for him again

Votes: 10 24.4%
  • Nope, wouldn't vote for him again

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Maybe, but it depends on who his opponents are

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Didn't vote for him before, won't this time either.

Votes: 25 61.0%
  • Didn't vote for him before, but might this time

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
For what it's worth, my mother in law (a lifelong repub) said she's not voting for him again.

I can't vote, not a citizen, so that's kind of a moot point for me.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
I would hope that this galvanizes the will of people both for and against Dubya, and everyone gets out and places their vote.

If we are lucky we won't have another fiasco like the last election, and people can be assured that our next president is actually the one chosen by the people.

Thepagoda

Chimp
Aug 31, 2002
Davis, CA
I think that this is a great poll. Like Mr. Tenchiro, I would also hate to see another florida debacle. I think that the electoral college is worn out, but...

patconnole

Monkey
Jun 4, 2002
bellingham WA
I don't know who I'm voting for, but I can easily who I'm not voting for.... take a guess.

Whomever that one vote is in the "wouldn't again" category--- and silver's mother in law. I think there's reason to hope.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I've never liked Bush. I wanted John McCaine... but I voted against Bush by punching Gore... I didn't like either; at the time I didn't see much difference between the two. My dislike of Bush is just a gut thing, I don't really disagree with his policies at all.

patconnole

Monkey
Jun 4, 2002
bellingham WA
I voted for nader--- don't know how it all works, but I was hoping he'd get that 5% to get the federal matching funds.... Now I'm sortof working on the free-air time campain to get more 3rd parties in the thing. ( www.bettercampaigns.org ). McCain is co-sponsoring that bill.

Yeah, I've got the same gut feeling about bush. As for his policies-- I think I'm in the same category as most voters, "I don't know why, I just like him! (or don't)"

My brother in law worked on the "roadless" law.. a means to prevent logging and crap by prohibiting new roads being build in federal forests. He spent three years working on it with PIRGs, and Bush has been slowly "attacking" it ever since he came into office. Also, I did a research project on types of logging, as means of preventing forest fires, or managing them better. Didn't like bush's solution to the problem.. "We've got to thin. We've got to thin to save the forests." In the reports I read, one of the logging methods (as for how many, where, and what kind of trees to cut) is described as "This method has been used in the past as a way to get the most valuable trees out of the forest, while calling it "fire prevention"....... doesn't prevent fires any better." Paraphrasing of course. So there's two reasons why I wouldn't vote for him.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I didn't vote for him, not that I loved Gore mind you. There is no way on this planet I could ever vote for that beedy eyed owned by the corporations, lying, rape the environment to line my buddies pockets butthead by the name of shrub:angry: