Quantcast

police facebook

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
I had a brilliant idea the other day I figured I should share with the monkey.

On campus we have real police, trained with the state troopers. Real deal in 2 sweet chargers. 4 patrol cars, 1 undercover. A buddy of mine got a police scanner and we listen to their chatter. Really it's in fun and boredom but we are on the up and up of who got in trouble. We hear about cars that are getting towed or cops cruising in on a group smoking pot and busting a few kids. In NJ to my knowledge it is legal to have a scanner as long as it is not being used to commit or aid in a crime. It is illegal to use the scanner to prevent emergency responders from doing their duties as well. Break the law its a 4th degree. I'm sure if the police on campus knew we were listening in they wouldn't be to happy.

Now the really cool but dumb idea PSP came up with.

Speech to text is pretty common these days. I want to rig the scanner to direct feed into my computer. The speech to text will take over from there. As the police talk the computer records in writing.

Add Facebook into the equation. Fbook apps are pretty popular, and I'm sure aren't to hard to make. What about an app that would let me auto update from a program.

The program that takes speech and makes text will write a facebook status and submit after a 10 second silence.

Create an account that is a 24/7 auto feed text of my college police. People can get updates on their phone and everything.

This is something I will never wind up doing but the idea sounds cool as sh1t.

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
I have no intentions on doing this. If it somehow starts to happen I would get away from the situation real fast. Nothing screams hey look at me I push the law barriers right in your face then that idea. Rss feed would be dope too. I would like to see some MIT kid do this.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Oh I'm sure you could come up with something that pushes the limits worse than that if you tried.

At least you no longer need to be told that you're a dumbass.

Dumbass.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Details? This ought to be good.

You know your life sucks when it's not even 4:30 AM yet and someone across the country is already calling you names.

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
Moving out has given me more responsibilities that I have to do. Simple things like laundry and keeping schedule of my own crap. I have to get all my meals, my mom or dad doesn't have it waiting for me when I get home. I don't have my parents to help now. Granted I live less than an hour away and have a car on campus. I do go home to escape school or do some work on occasion. I would really feel like a nothing in life if I couldn't do daily living. I work 20 hours a week at a hardware store by choice just so I feel like I contribute something to the town I live in now. I'm a social person, and really good at establishing my name and image.

As my grandma always tells me "It's not what you know its who you know, and its now what you have its what you owe."

School is now my #1 priority. My first semester classes were chosen at random so I have 8 am classes every day. By the time I get my daily chores done its time for work. Getting off at 8 doesn't give me much time to study and sleep. I was up all night writing 2 papers. Writing doesn't come easy for me, but I put the time I need into the work. I have handed in every assignment on time with an exception to a few classes I slept through. I have an a/b average which I am very proud of. If I keep a B average I get free tuition too. Come december I'll have $4000 back to put towards my loan. Tuition is only a small sliver of the cost in college.

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
I got a question for any cops on here.

Why do state cops lose their soul, mind and conscience when they put a uniform on?

Why do they all look the same?

I'm not even convinced there are different state cops. I think there's just one of them, sort of a split hologram that can show up at multiple places at once.

Thoughts?

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
there is already an iphone app for this. got info about it in a police bulletin the other day...you just select the location and it streams the police frequency. it's being used by a lot of dealers and other criminals to try and thwart the po-po.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
I'm shaking like a dog trying to poop a peach pit just trying to figure out where to start responding to this...

sstalder5

Turbo Monkey
Aug 20, 2008
Beech Mtn Definitely NOT Boulder
there is already an iphone app for this. got info about it in a police bulletin the other day...you just select the location and it streams the police frequency. it's being used by a lot of dealers and other criminals to try and thwart the po-po.
Sometimes we use the website version of that at our parties y'all always try to break up. It works wonders since you guys announce everything that you do beforehand :thumb: It only took a couple of days to learn the 10 codes and after that I can pretty much track you guys. It should be illegal!

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
sstalder, manimal is in north carolina I believe. watch yourself.
um yeah, he lives where i work. we've met...i've had to babysit his high school on occasion when the local gangs have a disagreement in the way of a brawl :D rich kid parties = not that big of a secret. learning to decipher "noise violation at XXX emerywood drive; neighbors reporting a large party" isn't really that hard. we use encrypted sub-channels for the important stuff. heck, the local cable access channel plays the police channel on the tv after 10pm and rotates the view from the different traffic cameras. basic police communication is no big secret. we don't dispatch the sensitive calls over the radio, they are sent to the in-car computers first then a sub-channel is established for communication. ie: crimestoppers tip on the whereabouts of a fugitive, the call isn't' broadcast on the main channel in case the fugitive is listening.

sorry to break it to you psp...you could establish a facebook police dispatch channel to satisfy your hard-on for real life cop stuff that is public knowledge....or you could nut up and become one. on second thought, disregard that. ;)

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
sorry to break it to you psp...you could establish a facebook police dispatch channel to satisfy your hard-on for real life cop stuff that is public knowledge....or you could nut up and become one. on second thought, disregard that. ;)
Another redneck cop...

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
police dispatch channel to satisfy your hard-on for real life cop stuff that is public knowledge....or you could nut up and become one. on second thought, disregard that. ;)
Yes, but YOU have to train him. :D:p

Just out of curiosity, what is the maximum age to become a cop? (I'm sure it varies by location, but in general... 35? 40? 45?)

TheTruth

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2009
I'm waving. Can you see me now?
um yeah, he lives where i work. we've met...i've had to babysit his high school on occasion when the local gangs have a disagreement in the way of a brawl :D rich kid parties = not that big of a secret. learning to decipher "noise violation at XXX emerywood drive; neighbors reporting a large party" isn't really that hard. we use encrypted sub-channels for the important stuff. heck, the local cable access channel plays the police channel on the tv after 10pm and rotates the view from the different traffic cameras. basic police communication is no big secret. we don't dispatch the sensitive calls over the radio, they are sent to the in-car computers first then a sub-channel is established for communication. ie: crimestoppers tip on the whereabouts of a fugitive, the call isn't' broadcast on the main channel in case the fugitive is listening.

Tough love?

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
The most obvious flaw IMO would be the outrageous amount of updates it would give that would consist mostly of irrelevant talk about fried bread and ray-bans.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Yes, but YOU have to train him. :D:p

Just out of curiosity, what is the maximum age to become a cop? (I'm sure it varies by location, but in general... 35? 40? 45?)
i really don't know if we have a maximum age. if you can pass the fitness test you're able to try..as far as i know. i went through the academy with a 28 year marine corps veteran first seargeant (in his late 40's) and he whooped most of the 20 something's butts in PT.

Ithnu

Monkey
Jul 16, 2007
Denver
manimal I'm not surprised to hear that cops get info directly from their car computers. I find it hard to believe that high school kids would think they're the only ones with mobile internet access on their trendy cell phones:nope:

You want more out of the some enginerding students? Have them hack the police server to get access to their computer messages. I'm pretty sure that would land them in prison, not jail though.

cecil

Turbo Monkey
Jun 3, 2008
with the voices in my head
the cops up my way do blow get drunk and crash their cars, then the police cheif covers it up, then another cop makes 2 different women have sex with him so he does not call their probation officers. another 2 shreding documents.
we need that facebook page cause their all scumbags and i need to know if im the next person getting strong armed, or blackmailed
google greece police ny, every day there is a different one on the news getting charged with something " to serve and protect" yea!!!

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
manimal
You want more out of the some enginerding students? Have them hack the police server to get access to their computer messages. I'm pretty sure that would land them in prison, not jail though.
i dunno..it's all technically public record so i don't think there would be any charges for intercepting the info. however, if their hacking interfered with police duties then yes, there would be a chargeable offense.

cecil: :tinfoil::blah: :rolleyes:

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
YES... for the love of God.

...and I think Cecil was just reading to us the plot from the sequel to Stallone's CopLand... :D

Ithnu

Monkey
Jul 16, 2007
Denver
cecil I saw where you're from. Its a suburb of Rochester NY. I'm gonna go out on a limb here but I'm guessing you may not fully have the background these guys have.

NSFW-language. But if you didn't know that about NWA you really don't have a clue.

And why can't people speak in full sentences anymore?