Quantcast

Policy

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Can anyone tell me what the policy is with friends/family members, that are not riding, dealing with riding the lift to take pictures, etc. Or are they only allowed to hike up?

Rob Munro

Monkey
Jul 22, 2005
anyone can ride up the lift for a few bucks. but don't mislead them, the hike down is no picnic either.

Timekiller

Monkey
Oct 9, 2006
NJ
Ask the lift-ies... thay may not be charging now that the waterpark is closed, but don't quote me on it.

And as Rob^ said... it sucks walking down.

spylab

Monkey
Feb 7, 2007
Please keep in mind that the lift staff are generally lenient in terms of a non-biking photographer going up without charge. These are not hiking trails, though, so sending up four or five people (only one with a camera, the others just to meander down the hill on foot) will likely and rightfully cause an issue with Diablo. There are too many blind spots on the mountain, and the last thing a rider wants when cresting a rock face are 5 people in the middle of teh trail trying to get down themselves.

Common sense, really.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
I know from experience too that walking down in dangerous. I guess wet steep hills and my feet dont get along.

It wouldnt be 5 people, just two people. I will see what they want to do.

Timekiller

Monkey
Oct 9, 2006
NJ
..These are not hiking trails...

That actually brings up a good point, and Im not bi$ching either, meerly a suggestion. If the waterpark has a policy against bikes (walk bikes in base)... then why is there not a policy against waterpark'ers walking on the bike trails. I know of at least three times this season that I have personally come across people with wristbands walking down the middle of the trails...

for example a family (2 children, 1 mother) was standing at the bottom of alpine after the double.

This could have led to some major injuries. Most of the time the photographers know enough to be off to the side of the trail, and/or get out of the way immediately.. but people who come to Mtn. Creek for the waterpark, for the most part, don't know anything about the sport. (and sometimes I think, don't have common sense either)

ok.. rant/opinoin over... (and sorry for the thread hijack)

jcook90

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2006
Connecticut
That actually brings up a good point, and Im not bi$ching either, meerly a suggestion. If the waterpark has a policy against bikes (walk bikes in base)... then why is there not a policy against waterpark'ers walking on the bike trails. I know of at least three times this season that I have personally come across people with wristbands walking down the middle of the trails...
agreed.

They'll be fine if they're knowledgable about biking and our trail usage (info comes from you), and as previously mentioned, in good hiking condition w/ good shoes and such

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
agreed.

They'll be fine if they're knowledgable about biking and our trail usage (info comes from you), and as previously mentioned, in good hiking condition w/ good shoes and such
I'll make sure to mention the hiking shoes. They ride themselves (well more XC/All Mountain riding) but we dont have room for 2 more bikes. I'll make sure to pass on this information.

nano5467

Chimp
Jun 20, 2007
i walked the trails filming once in skate shoes and a long cast on my right arm. trust me was no picnic

Carn75

Chimp
May 10, 2007
South Jersey
i walked the trails filming once in skate shoes and a long cast on my right arm. trust me was no picnic
LOL...i went up to Domination 3 to watch my friend race after i broke my hand the week before.I had hiking boots,but my girl only wore sandals and i didnt realize it till we got out of the truck...she had a long day!