Quantcast

Politics in the forums

J

JRB

Anyone frequent any other boards that they just banter about politics??? I spend a bunch of time on MoJo and it seems a few just can't keep politics out of my face. It is pretty lame. Wondering if it is common to everywhere. I notice there are not many here.

Batman

Monkey
May 20, 2002
Mississauga
Well, there's a specific forum here dedicated to political discussions, so that's probably the reason that it is kept out of the other forums.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Batman said:
Well, there's a specific forum here dedicated to political discussions, so that's probably the reason that it is kept out of the other forums.
Yeah, 95% of the members here can't stand political discussions and would complain like hell when politics were brought up in the Lounge. So we created the political forum, now everyone is happy. :)

J

JRB

I Are Baboon said:
Yeah, 95% of the members here can't stand political discussions and would complain like hell when politics were brought up in the Lounge. So we created the political forum, now everyone is happy. :)

That happened on MoJo, but the extremists can't seem to get it. I guess the "we let anything go" attitude isn't good for everything.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
loco-gringo said:
That happened on MoJo, but the extremists can't seem to get it. I guess the "we let anything go" attitude isn't good for everything.
There are plenty of political nutjobs on RM. They can talk about politics all they want, but if they bring it into the Lounge, we'll move it. :)

J

JRB

I Are Baboon said:
There are plenty of political nutjobs on RM. They can talk about politics all they want, but if they bring it into the Lounge, we'll move it. :)

And many of us thank you for that. :thumb:

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
I Are Baboon said:
I myself am a political nutjob and I appreciate that there is a place on RM that I can go whine and bitch. I am glad that it is kept out of the other forums. A political discussion can escalate pretty fast.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
I Are Baboon said:
im happy

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
On bikeforums is a similar setup. A spot specifically for politics. Keeps everything sane as most people don't want to talk about things in the world :)

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
I Are Baboon said:
I think there is a big difference between a "political" discussion, and the name calling and stupid agruments that can be found in most forums. The only "intelligent" (term used very loosely) political discussions I have had have been in Politics classes.