Votes: 1 1.5%
  • JBP

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Referencing off SM's heart thread, just how old are we as a group?

Lounge residents only please, because we're old and get off our lawn.

edit: So I didn't bump up years, so 20-25, 26-30, 32-35, 36-40, etc.

Last edited:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
The Lounge itself is 15 years old. I think DaveW is the longest tenured monkey regular.
i had a prior username that dated back to 2003... lost the password and email info, started my current account. granted i wasn't very active with the prior account, 10 posts over 2 years.
Well you were mature and cultured enough to be accepted by us. So you had that going for you. Congrats on your tenure.

Most of us came here from the great MTBR purge or the Zonic Man era...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Well you were mature and cultured enough to be accepted by us. So you had that going for you. Congrats on your tenure.

i was in college and experimenting chemically, so i really had no idea wtf was going on.

i fit in perfectly.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

I came during the MTBR elective exodus, pre-purge. Abe told me about it and signed up the day after my 21st birthday. Still have no idea how I knew what a computer was at that point, because that party ruined me.

stoney98 was 915
Damn. Didn't realize it was that high.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
explain? i didn't join empty beer until recently, and that's really only for their regional forums
MTBR went downhill very quickly once ZonicMan and the youth discovered its existence. Massive amounts of trolling. I can't remember who initially started it (IAB, BV?), but it was part of an exodus by grown-ups to a higher level forum. The mods were much more judicious with trolls and it kept things at a higher level. Also picked up a lot more industry people at the forum was established. MTBR is still the "I just started biking!" shit show.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
MTBR went downhill very quickly once ZonicMan and the youth discovered its existence. Massive amounts of trolling. I can't remember who initially started it (IAB, BV?), but it was part of an exodus by grown-ups to a higher level forum. The mods were much more judicious with trolls and it kept things at a higher level. Also picked up a lot more industry people at the forum was established. MTBR is still the "I just started biking!" shit show.
so mtbr got pinkbiked?

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
I was invited to Fall Monkeyfest 2009 and was advised to join RM so I could meet some monkeys before I get thrown into the Monkeyfest madness. I've been to almost every Monkeyfest ever since then.

I think the key to my success to not getting scared off right away was that I didn't start a "hello, I'm new here" thread with my first post.