Quantcast

Port Angeles PRO GRT Attendee Highlights

Dylan Dean

Monkey
Oct 12, 2007
southern California
spoke with Nigel Page recently as well. unfortunately the CRC team won't be able to make it (although they wanted to), but he said that a good number of UK guys will be making the trip to the states in order to race the GRT series! Stoked!!!

Dylan Dean

Monkey
Oct 12, 2007
southern California
not sure exactly who yet. but a good number will be. Trek World Racing will definitely be there. Giant i believe is a possibility, not not positive.

you're certain to see a lot of international riders since it's the weekend before the US Open & not too far away!

Dylan Dean

Monkey
Oct 12, 2007
southern California
riders added to the list:

Luke Strobel (MS Evil)
Steve Smith (MS Evil)
Kyle Thomas (Evil National Team)
Phil Wiering (Evil National Team)
Charlie Sponsel (Evil National Team)

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Already registered and paid.

At 1st, I was bummed that CAT1 and Pro don't practice together. But this means I can watch Pro practice.
Awesome to have this in our backyard.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
I haven't been this excited about a race since the WC @ Snoqualmie some 12-13yrs ago! Stoked for the ODS to not only have a ProGRT stop for a 2nd year, but an even better pro turnout than last year...which was a good turnout for a first-time event.

Ear-plugs may be in order for the pro finals. It's going to be louder than loud on Dry Hill!

Dylan Dean

Monkey
Oct 12, 2007
southern California
gonna be one hell of a start to the season!!! can't tell you how excited i am about the event... & the support we're getting from amateurs, pros, teams & industry a like! we really haven't seen this caliber of a pro turn out in YEARS! it shows that racers WANT to race here in the states at a high caliber event! can u imagine what the future will bring!?!?!
stoked!

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
Dylan, Thank you for all your hard work. It seems like things are beginning to turn around here in the states, thanks to you and all those people working tirelessly behind the scenes.

Not to mention what we have going on here in New York:

May 22-23 Plattekill Gravity Open - Pro/Am GRT- Junior World Qualifier - Eastern States Cup - UCI Points Race

August 28-29 Windham UCI World Cup Finals - Race the Pros Amateur Race

Sept 11-12 Whiteface 5k - Pro/Am GRT Finals

ods

Monkey
Feb 22, 2008
Port Angeles
You guys are letting me down...
as there are no jokes about supercross and scheduling of this event.
RM fail.
;-)
Immediately following Pro Qualis on Saturday, 4...no 5 buses will pick up all interested and take them on a whirlwind vip bus tour to Bainbridge Island, where you will be whisked away on a multi-million-dollar yaucht (Seattle Ferry) where a line of cabs will pick you up and take you the 8 blocks to Qwest Field where you will be met persoally by Paul Allen. From there you will be taken to the Microsoft/NWCup Luxury Box along with James Stewart since he won't be racing anyhow.

As far as getting back for your race run in the morning, you're on your own.

May 16, 2008
Dunbar boys are coming down too. 2 out of the top 5 in the last NW Cup in both the Elite and juniors. woop woop!!!!! disco party

BmxConvert

Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Longview, Washington
riders added to the list:

Luke Strobel (MS Evil)
Steve Smith (MS Evil)
Kyle Thomas (Evil National Team)
Phil Wiering (Evil National Team)
Charlie Sponsel (Evil National Team)
I didn't know Charlie made it on Evil. Nice!
He had a pretty intense line/huck through the lower rock garden drop last year. We were joking that he dented the rock that he landed on(same big rock everyone else was trying to miss).

spleen123

Chimp
Mar 18, 2009
Voodoooooo Whats the schedule for platty? is it friday to sunday? I wanna get up early to get a good camping spot. haha

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
So, anyone think that Minnaar could win the series? If he also shows up to Plattekill, and then Whiteface and wins them all, which is a possibility this year, he may be able to do it?! Looks like the scheduling works out for that...

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
Voodoooooo Whats the schedule for platty? is it friday to sunday? I wanna get up early to get a good camping spot. haha
Brian, Friday to at least Monday, Possibly Tues and Wed as well. Several Teams want to stay and Freeride before heading to the US Open.

There unfortunately will be a few restrictions on parking, pits and camping. Necessary evil when dealing with an event of this size.

I'll have everything out in a few days, we're waiting on one thing to fall in place.

If anyone has any questions please email me at: george@plattekill.com

You certainly cannot believe some of the people that post on this site, that in reality have no clue.

:thumb:

Last edited:

illflip

Monkey
Aug 20, 2007
Newark, NJ
now that everyone is stuck in the states cause of the volcano...any news on more pro's attending the race?

saw on twitter Athertons and Dirt/Norco will be going.

AwesomeLand

Chimp
Jan 26, 2010
In Awesome Land
Look to these pages for up to date tweets from Port Angeles' ProGRT this weekend. You don't need a twitter account to read most tweets. Especially, when they are embedded in another website such as Awesome Land.com.

Mike Estes' (Event Announcer) List - he has added people and sponsors that are involved with the event. Mike will be tweeting 'hot seat' updates and winners, plus general event info.

The Twitter ProGRT search - people using the hashtag #ProGRT in their tweets.

The Awesome List: these are the tweets I follow and they show up on the front page of Awesome Land dot com in a ticker format. Don't need Twitter to follow. I will be posting nearly live content from track side.

This isn't Freecaster, but you should be able to get all the details you may want from following those on the ground who are tweeting about the event. For example, I will be able to see from track side who won before I have to walk to the bottom to find out.

Scott Tucker, JDD and all those guys at NWCup have done a great job. The race should be epic.