Quantcast

Port Angeles spring fling

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Bikecrasher said:
It was this past Saturday, I guess it was a secret...kinda

It was not last saturday. The locals ride there every weekend. They are all a part of a "club" that has permission and access to the land. The gate is locked and your not allowed to ride there without having these guys present.

We went out there and did half day trail work, and the other half ride... about 5-6 runs total. It wasnt really talked about online, so maybe thats what you mean by secret? Theres only so much room in a truck......and it wasnt meant to be a general public come out and ride deal. Sorry.

The trails are in great shape. Had alot of scraping and raking done, and spruced up some berms and jumps. I also got the chance to ride the freeride trails and I was really impressed. I always miss the entrance to limbo as its right before the first booter.. Its marked out better now. The crew out there is doing a great job mixing it up. You now have many options to do aside from the Knuck and the pro course. Expect more goodness to come from up there.

They are still planning one soon, but nothing is confirmed. Stay tuned!

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
oly said:
I I also got the chance to ride the freeride trails and I was really impressed.
Ah, that Freeride trail was pretty cool. The first time down the top section was kinda difficult, not knowing what to expect, but the section after the road was great:) Very raw, nice and tight turns. It's a nice change from the high speed, balls in the throat WK.

Jun 18, 2004
oly said:
They are all a part of a "club" that has permission and access to the land. The gate is locked and your not allowed to ride there without having these guys present.

We went out there and did half day trail work, and the other half ride... about 5-6 runs total.

I'm not trying to raise a stink but is that private land?... I've riden there w/o anybody that lives around there before... It's not like I get out that way very often...

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Str8OutaBallard said:
I'm not trying to raise a stink but is that private land?... I've riden there w/o anybody that lives around there before... It's not like I get out that way very often...
It's private land and a mix of DNR land.

trailhacker

Turbo Monkey
Jan 6, 2003
In the hills around Seattle
Snacks said:
It's private land and a mix of DNR land.
I believe it is mostly Green Crow property. The roads to get up are private. but some of the trails veer into DNR.
Its not really a public riding spot so-to-speak. The people up there doing the work on the trails have the permission from GC and have cleared it through the DNR.
On that freeride trail I looked at one of the bridges that was built off a live, standing tree and it I didn't see any nails going into the trees, looked like it was braced off of the tree...:clue:

Jun 18, 2004
trailhacker said:
On that freeride trail I looked at one of the bridges that was built off a live, standing tree and it I didn't see any nails going into the trees, looked like it was braced off of the tree...:clue:
sounds well thought out...

tuckya'in

Chimp
Feb 15, 2005
port angeles
Your suspicions are true, there are nails into a live one. A rookie mistake that will be fixed. That stunt might be removed anyhow. Possibly the entry to the big log ladder as well?? We'll see.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
tuckya'in said:
Your suspicions are true, there are nails into a live one. A rookie mistake that will be fixed. That stunt might be removed anyhow. Possibly the entry to the big log ladder as well?? We'll see.

Either way, Good work up there guys! Hope things can come together for a PA day say after April 8/9. I will be headed to Japan on the 1st and would hate to miss a full on shuttle day.

downhillracer

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2005
Sammamish, WA
last year the spring flings were amazing
i love the area and the trails
I would come back again and again and again for the spring fling
hope it happens this year

Jun 18, 2004
I'm all for another spring fling...
even though I will most likely miss it, like the last 2 years, because of having to work at night that weekend...
They usually have it the weekend after Sea Otter if I remeber right...

Tootrikky

Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Mount Vernon
Str8OutaBallard said:
I'm all for another spring fling...
even though I will most likely miss it, like the last 2 years, because of having to work at night that weekend...
They usually have it the weekend after Sea Otter if I remeber right...

Yeah set up and excuse now. Everyone knows that's weekend of the Magic Convention.........Nerd!

Jun 18, 2004
Tootrikky said:
Yeah set up and excuse now. Everyone knows that's weekend of the Magic Convention.........Nerd!
Hah hah, A$s Jack... I suppose for somebody like you keeping a 4 MegaWatt power plant running at night is all about "Magic"...Especially when it's 6 ft under water and moving...

but hey if the Spring Fling dosn't happen the week it usually does then my truck (and all the bikes in it) ride for free on the ferryboat... but what do you care?, your from Tacoma.

Tootrikky

Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Mount Vernon
Str8OutaBallard said:
Hah hah, A$s Jack... I suppose for somebody like you keeping a 4 MegaWatt power plant running at night is all about "Magic"...Especially when it's 6 ft under water and moving...

but hey if the Spring Fling dosn't happen the week it usually does then my truck (and all the bikes in it) ride for free on the ferryboat... but what do you care?, your from Tacoma.

Damn how did you know about my glowing past????..that sh!t is top secret!

Live in West Seattle now days btw.

Jun 18, 2004
Tootrikky said:
Damn how did you know about my glowing past????..that sh!t is top secret!

Live in West Seattle now days btw.
Well are you gonna ride the Ferryboat or drive around? I guess if you (still) lived in T-town that would be an easy desicision...
If you take the Boat I'll either be the guy who kept the Engine Rm power plant online so you can drive your truck on/off it... or I'll be the guy who'll drive the bikes over for free because I work there... so I guess we'll see when the day gets here... so what ever and have a nice day.

Tootrikky

Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Mount Vernon
Str8OutaBallard said:
Well are you gonna ride the Ferryboat or drive around? I guess if you (still) lived in T-town that would be an easy desicision...
If you take the Boat I'll either be the guy who kept the Engine Rm power plant online so you can drive your truck on/off it... or I'll be the guy who'll drive the bikes over for free because I work there... so I guess we'll see when the day gets here... so what ever and have a nice day.
Ahh I see...........I used a operate a 150 MW pwr plant 1500 ft under water, and thought you were referring to my past, didn't realize you were an engineer on ferryboats....which btw is pretty cool imo.

BTW I didn't mean anything personal by the Magic Comment just trying to be funny, I don't think I even know you, or at least who you are online, might know you at on the trails though!

Peace and Good Night

Jun 18, 2004
Tootrikky said:
Ahh I see...........I used a operate a 150 MW pwr plant 1500 ft under water...
Peace and Good Night
Yeah maybe (if luck will have it) I'll run into you at the PA thing... or maybe we've already met at SST most likely?... so did you work on a submarine?

Tootrikky

Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Mount Vernon
Str8OutaBallard said:
Yeah maybe (if luck will have it) I'll run into you at the PA thing... or maybe we've already met at SST most likely?... so did you work on a submarine?

Yep Power Plant Operator-Nuclear Machinist Mate/Engineering Laboratory Technician Fast Attack Submarines Engineroom Supervisor Certified on S5W (Sturgeon class) and S6G (688 Los Angeles Class)

Yeah see ya up there for sure. I am the tall guy on the Medium White DHR

ride

Monkey
Jan 11, 2005
you need to check you'r pm's more often.
Hey can you pm me your work email?

Just curious if you could check and see if there are still any of those small's left that we were talking about? Thanks mate!

Peace

Jun 18, 2004
Tootrikky said:
Yep Power Plant Operator-Nuclear Machinist Mate/Engineering Laboratory Technician Fast Attack Submarines Engineroom Supervisor Certified on S5W (Sturgeon class) and S6G (688 Los Angeles Class)

Yeah see ya up there for sure. I am the tall guy on the Medium White DHR
I'll either be on an orange vpx/888 or blk scream/888