Quantcast

Portland, OR Flugtag many pics

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Anyone else make it out? It was a fun event and great weather! I was a little disappointed that we didn't see anyone make it very far, but it's always fun to watch people huck themselves off a 30ft drop! The photos aren't the greatest quality, but they'll do.

The event, there were a lot of people

Queued up and ready to go

The legos were my favorite

Space balls:

Cool Plane, the prop even spun

City workers wasting tax dollars by watching:

More carnage

They failed before going off the ramp!

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Awesome pics.

I was there last time (far right). Team captain and chief engineer for team Wildcat 5.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Awesome. So what exactly was the point? Distance off the drop?
They gave prizes for the 3 teams that went the farthest off the drop and there was a people's choice award (you texted in to vote), here is the link http://www.redbullflugtagusa.com/Portland2008

Space Balls was the ppl choice award, I'll liked the Legos better

Awesome pics.

I was there last time (far right). Team captain and chief engineer for team Wildcat 5.
Very cool! I think it would be a fun event to participate in....many of the teams did dance routines, or skits, before they jumped. One team did a Road Runner, Wild Coyote, skit and he went off the end on a rocket :)

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Very cool! I think it would be a fun event to participate in....many of the teams did dance routines, or skits, before they jumped. One team did a Road Runner, Wild Coyote, skit and he went off the end on a rocket :)
The dude that was supposed to plan our routine flaked and we had to put something together 3 days before the event. Se we did tear-off BDU pants with crazy colored Spedo's under them.

It was a blast, but I got burned out on Red Bull because we got cases of it every few weeks for the 3 months we spent building the "craft". Ours flew 62', the record was 75', not sure if it still is or not.