Quantcast

Post a Pic of your bike.

Yeti

Monkey
May 17, 2005
yeti cave@the beach
i was hoping for tailwhips...
dude, seriously, i'm sure u love ur bike and that it is special to u...but next time u post a pic of a bike, make sure there is something special about it to other ppl to make it worth the couple of seconds and the bandwidth. i know i waited a long time and worked hard on my bike till i felt posting a pic of my bike was worth it...the same as this guy
cheers

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Thread sanitized.

To the whiners: Sorry, it isn't another "how can I save 3grams on my sunday?" thread.
To the new guy: You may not want to go posting stock freeride bikes in the Dh forum, as this is typical behaviour you will get. Also, we use punctuation here and spell check, it will go a long way to not getting you flamed.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Damn, the M3, DHR, and Sunday are all really nice.

Any way you could snap a side view of the Sunday for us Eren? Pretty please?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Holy freakin' crap. If you don't like the guy's bike, close the window. There doesn't have to be anything "special" about it - it's special enough that he likes it and wants to ride it.

You know what made this thread "Pinkbike-ish"? The morons like the one who posts, in response to a perfectly fine picture of a bike, an aggressive and demeaning attack.

Special for this thread: the next demeaning comment I see will get a 7 day ban, no warnings. This is your warning. There now, don't you guys feel special?

Post away, whether your bike is worth $1k or 5k.

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
mill creek, WA (now in Surrey UK)
Holy freakin' crap. If you don't like the guy's bike, close the window. There doesn't have to be anything "special" about it - it's special enough that he likes it and wants to ride it.

You know what made this thread "Pinkbike-ish"? The morons like the one who posts, in response to a perfectly fine picture of a bike, an aggressive and demeaning attack.

Special for this thread: the next demeaning comment I see will get a 7 day ban, no warnings. This is your warning. There now, don't you guys feel special?

Post away, whether your bike is worth $1k or 5k.
Word.
definetly well said, were all out here to have fun and ride. its not the bike, but rather the rider, whatever bike you have ride hard, and have fun!

ckooi

Monkey
Aug 19, 2002
Penang, Malaysia
well said, no matter how much u've spend on your bike. The main purpose is to have fun on your bike. I love my M3 as much as my decent-low cost setup hardtail, as both of them gives me different kinda feel and flow.

CRoss

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2006
The Ranch
I have not taken a recent picture of the bike so I decided to take a quick shot. I am hoping to change a few things before the season gets going. New seatpost, new fork, new handelbar, and new drivetrain, wish I had the money for a new shock.

This will be the first time I have ridden the same frame for two seasons:twitch:

Yeti

Monkey
May 17, 2005
yeti cave@the beach
yah yah, i apologize for the first post on this thread. was having a bad sunday and well....sorry....but i was really expecting pics of whips!
now it s ok, enjoy ur bike.
here my contribution:

RMboy

Monkey
Dec 1, 2006
England the Great...
I have not taken a recent picture of the bike so I decided to take a quick shot. I am hoping to change a few things before the season gets going. New seatpost, new fork, new handelbar, and new drivetrain, wish I had the money for a new shock.

This will be the first time I have ridden the same frame for two seasons:twitch:
Im liking alot!!!! rode one out in Austria, exactly the same as that, and was sweet....how do u find it? oh and how much was it?

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
Thread sanitized.

To the whiners: Sorry, it isn't another "how can I save 3grams on my sunday?" thread.
To the new guy: You may not want to go posting stock freeride bikes in the Dh forum, as this is typical behaviour you will get. Also, we use punctuation here and spell check, it will go a long way to not getting you flamed.
I am going to.........somewhat explain this. He's my younger brother (10 years younger) who is in the 10th grade but spells like he is in the 5th grade. I get on him all the time about his spelling but you can see nothing changes. So if he gets flamed for it then so be it.

Sweetimzack........please learn to shrink the pictures a little bit. I am the one who took them (so sue me I left my digital camera on larger file sizes) but shrinking is easy. Open it up in photo viewer and go to edit/resize, and tell it 50%. Click the disk to save in the upper left corner. That way it's not so giant. Not everyone wants to see my gimp garage door at high-resolution.

It's a nice bike. Pedals well. We found out off my mistake that the fork can hold 175psi in it. I pumped it up early in the morning and later in the day went to push it down and it was rock solid. I was thinking it was never that stiff for me. When I went to check the pressure it was up to 175psi. So we fixed that, all is better now.

Someone besides me needs to talk some sense into him though. He "thinks" he needs a chain-guide and new cranks. He's on a slim budget, has nothing wrong with the current ones, and has never lost a chain. I've been trying to get him to see that until things break/bend OR you have a problem then fix it. As it is right now the bike must have added 7-9lbs from the upgrades. At some point you can't make a 5" travel bike perform like a 9" travel bike.

I'll get some updated pics of my whips as well after work. I mean the fork/wheels were off my old build so I guess it's time for some updates :)