Quantcast

Post a pic of your car bike rack

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
here's an old one of my sportworks. i now have 4 bike mounts vs. the 2 shown here :eek:

in any case sportworks is the best if you can afford it. :thumb:

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
Thule Space Station somethingorother on the back. Very stable, but a little tedious to load.
Box on the roof w/ Thule TK (quick release) feet. I have 2 trays for the roof, but don't use them anymore. The head of one tray is still bolted to the loadbar.
Sorry its so dark. The pic was cropped from a larger one.

Attachments

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Originally posted by Carbon Fetish
Wow, that is awesome. Any pictures of the entire trailer? What do you use to pull it?
Brochure pic of their trailer. Pak Rat.....

Their trailer and truck :D I did some snooping.....

Freak

Aug 15, 2001
Redmond, Washington
Originally posted by Pulser955
Ok that has to be the coolest little traler i have eaver seen. What does that go for? I could use one for them fro track days on my motorcycle.
They start at about $10k. We got ours a little cheaper as ours was a demo unit:D

Freak

Aug 15, 2001
Redmond, Washington
Originally posted by Pulser955
Dam i would have sead 6 or 7K.
You have to remember, the front folds down which has a bed for 2, also, a fridge, and sink, and stove, and sh*ter/shower.

You'd be hard pressed to find a 2004 trailer with all of that stuff (toy hauler style) for that price.

yellowfox

Monkey
Apr 29, 2004
Akron OH
$15, sorry for the crappy pics left the real camera at home and had to use my phone.

i debated on getting bars and king cobra trays but i didnt' want to spend 300-400 bones just to get the bikes mounted over the truck bed. Oh well, it works

marlopez

Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
West LA
hey acadian, my headlights and exhaust are for sale in case youre interested. jdm HID headlights and kakimoto gt1z w/ godpseed downpipe

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Yeti DHer said:
Same thing as toshi just with the third bike add on... On the way to whistler...
it seems that 4 heavy bikes (three mid-30s, one upper-40s) were too much for my sportworks to handle:

on the upside, i bought the fourth bike mount (from rack attack, not rei) less than two weeks ago so should be able to return it, and rei accepted the main rack + mount #3 without any hassles. rei == :thumb: . not so sure about the previously infallible sportworks tho. (on that note, does anyone remember an old onion article on papal infallibility? it's not in their archives, but i remember it as being hilarious. :D)

mplutodh1

Monkey
Nov 27, 2002
Sammamish, WA
Sportworks Freerider

If you are carrying DH bikes, its the way to go. The other Sportworks will work, seen it done but I would recommend against it. Freerider rides awesome, easy to load, folds out of the way! Mmmm me likes!

Haha and yes the hardtail is an odd breed, it was setup for winter road training rides, came home with me for the holidays and 2 days later I broke my ankle! never did ride it with that odd setup.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
mplutodh1 said:
Sportworks Freerider

If you are carrying DH bikes, its the way to go. The other Sportworks will work, seen it done but I would recommend against it. Freerider rides awesome, easy to load, folds out of the way! Mmmm me likes!
i think my regular sportworks would have held up fine, had i kept it at 2 bikes. the problem is that carrying 2 bikes isn't enough...