Bushwhacker

Turbo Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
Tar Effing River!! NC
The XC bike..

Old school BMX...100th anniversary Schwinn XS all original

Mosh 24" cruiser

Mine and my sons hardtails...

Thats just a couple out of a collection of around 19 bikes.....

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
I think my stable wins:

I've also got an old-school rigid Croll 853 but it's apart right now.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
rpk1988 said:
That is super bad ass. People that still rock super V's are awesome. But I still havent seen anyone that still has a Raven.
Some dude in my town has a Raven, complete with Hayes mechanically-activated hydraulic disc brakes. :love:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I rode my beast to work today and got a good shot of it to share. It is basicly stock with the upgrade of the 888 w/flat lower crown and WTB Power V seat and Truvativ post. I like it a lot, but it;s a chore to commute on.

Radarr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Montana
jimmydean said:
I rode my beast to work today and got a good shot of it to share. It is basicly stock with the upgrade of the 888 w/flat lower crown and WTB Power V seat and Truvativ post. I like it a lot, but it;s a chore to commute on.

I really like those IH single-pivots. The only thing that would make that bike better is a banjo adaptor for the rear brake line so that its not sticking out so far. It'd probably put less stress on the line where it attaches to the caliper when the suspension is compressed, too.

Other than my OCD observations, that is a sweet ride.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Radarr said:
I really like those IH single-pivots. The only thing that would make that bike better is a banjo adaptor for the rear brake line so that its not sticking out so far. It'd probably put less stress on the line where it attaches to the caliper when the suspension is compressed, too.

Other than my OCD observations, that is a sweet ride.
It rides just like my Bullit, only with a little more squish. The seat tube is long enough to be affective and i couldn't beat the price. I will see how well the floating brake holds up over time, some people think it will get beat to hell. I love how well it works now and can switch it later if need be. I can't wait to race it this year, should be a blast.

J

JRB

justsomeguy said:
Do you realize how incredibly unfunny you are? (rhetorical question BTW).
Is it the metro part, or the pink shorts that bugs you???

What is the rest of the bike. I recall seeing a post of a mud ride that Anthony had with you back a year or two back, but just remember the fork and the shorts. Was the frame an ML7??? I really like that for an all around trail bike.

justsomeguy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2005
loco said:
Is it the metro part, or the pink shorts that bugs you???
Neither part bugs me. You're confusing pity with being bugged. I find your attempts at being humorous neither clever, cutting nor funny, hence the pity.

The purpose behind Happy Fun Racing duds is to get a reaction from folks. Some folks feel threatened, some are disgusted, some are amused, many are just plain confused.

It's a 5Spot. I prefer bikes that have a constant BB to saddle distance so no Maverick frames for me.

J

JRB

Yikes - that is a mess. Nice bike though. I think the clothes are funny. I will say, my attempts at humor are for me. If I find them funny, I have accomplished my mission. If someone else enjoys it, that's ok too.

justsomeguy said:
Neither part bugs me. You're confusing pity with being bugged. I find your attempts at being humorous neither clever, cutting nor funny, hence the pity.

The purpose behind Happy Fun Racing duds is to get a reaction from folks. Some folks feel threatened, some are disgusted, some are amused, many are just plain confused.

It's a 5Spot. I prefer bikes that have a constant BB to saddle distance so no Maverick frames for me.

druber

Chimp
May 23, 2005
Damn. Lots of nice bikes here. I'm not much of a downhill guy, but sometimes I wish I were just because those big ass bikes with lots of travel look like fun.

Here's my XC bike.