Quantcast

post a recent NBR pic thread........

Squeaver

Monkey
Mar 1, 2006
Sanford, NC
Well I just had the pleasure of going through all 17 of these pages. I think it's time for me to add a few of my own.

These were taken in Kuwait this past summer.

Planes on the ramp.

A crew chief helping aircrew do a preflight inspection.

An F-15 that IFE'd in for a few days, until it could be fixed.

These were taken while riding around on launch truck one day. The lighting just seemed to work excetionally when these were taken.

I friend acting goofy.

Another friend, doing some heavy thinking, maybe about home.

I have several more, but I will stop with these for now. Let me know what you think.

Parker

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
some turkey day pics.
my brother and his family were over at our house this time (first time at our own house ever! )
me playing horse to all the kids minus my youngest

a cool shot of noah shooting his bb gun

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001

(brochures of some of the cars that i have test driven in the last few weeks)

(golden spike national historic site, promontory, utah)

highrevs

Monkey
Oct 13, 2005
NC
My standard black and white conversion Photoshop quick and dirty:
(after typical nef/jpg processing)

1. Create a new hue/saturation layer. De-saturate that layer.
2. Then select the layer behind it.
3. Use the channel mixer to pull the blues, greens or reds in what ever direction that creates the desired effect.

Think colored filters with black and white film, same principle... :cheers:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
My standard black and white conversion Photoshop quick and dirty:
(after typical nef/jpg processing)

1. Create a new hue/saturation layer. De-saturate that layer.
2. Then select the layer behind it.
3. Use the channel mixer to pull the blues, greens or reds in what ever direction that creates the desired effect.

Think colored filters with black and white film, same principle... :cheers:
interesting. i use the channel mixer, followed by brightness/contrast adjustments in a new layer, for my conversions, but what's the desaturated layer get you?

edit - when you use channel mixer, do you set the output to gray, or leave it as is?

highrevs

Monkey
Oct 13, 2005
NC
interesting. i use the channel mixer, followed by brightness/contrast adjustments in a new layer, for my conversions, but what's the desaturated layer get you?

edit - when you use channel mixer, do you set the output to gray, or leave it as is?
I was not setting the output to gray...
I am assuming that checking the monochrome button on the channel mixer creates a similar affect to what I was doing... My Photoshop techniques are not the most direct sometimes and I’m slowly learning as I go. :biggrin:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
I was not setting the output to gray...
I am assuming that checking the monochrome button on the channel mixer creates a similar affect to what I was doing... My Photoshop techniques are not the most direct sometimes and I’m slowly learning as I go. :biggrin:
got it.

i just do the one adjustment layer in channel mixer; add new layer, set output to grey, and adjust the RGB sliders until it looks good (rules of thumb: minimize use of blue, and try to keep the total amount to 100%). i then add another layer (brightness/contrast) and boost 'em both.

highrevs

Monkey
Oct 13, 2005
NC
got it.

i just do the one adjustment layer in channel mixer; add new layer, set output to grey, and adjust the RGB sliders until it looks good (rules of thumb: minimize use of blue, and try to keep the total amount to 100%). i then add another layer (brightness/contrast) and boost 'em both.
Cool thanks for the info. I have a feeling that my next BW image will be processed a little differently.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
sometimes i play fast and loose w/ the 100% rule; i've had good looking results w/ totals closer to 150% or so. but bumping blue will definitely add noise.

highrevs

Monkey
Oct 13, 2005
NC
sometimes i play fast and loose w/ the 100% rule; i've had good looking results w/ totals closer to 150% or so. but bumping blue will definitely add noise.
cool. I have a ton of images to work on from a wedding I covered this past weekend... I'm sure I'll end up experimenting with some.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar

I thought I'd give it a try too. How'd I do? I find the reflections in the eye a little distracting. The background is weird too. The cat is lying on a blanket that has fluorescent orange thread in it. It really messed with the saturation.