Quantcast

Post Canyon or?

|S2|

Chimp
May 1, 2003
Ventura
Hey, I'm driving up to whistler this weekend from California. We plan to spend most of next week up there and then head back the following weekend. I was looking for a diversion on the drive back and was thinking a ride at post canyon would be a good option. I've heard good things but have never ridden it. Is it worth a quick stop? Is it better done as a shuttle or can it be done as a loop/out and back on a dh bike? Anyone have a better suggestion?
Thanks for any beta.

|S2|

Chimp
May 1, 2003
Ventura
Cool, good to hear. We will try to hit it up Saturday the 22nd. Is there enough traffic going up that we would be able to hitch a ride to retrieve our truck? Also it sounds like there are a lot variations. Anyone have a favorite route.

GmotoT

Chimp
Mar 22, 2006
Portland
I would sway towards Black Rock. Its closer to I-5 and a bit better this time of year. I was just at Post and it was super dry, still fun though. Black Rock is a blast, very well built.

|S2| said:
Is it worth a quick stop? Is it better done as a shuttle or can it be done as a loop/out and back on a dh bike? Anyone have a better suggestion?
Thanks for any beta.
Definitely worth the stop.

You definitely DON'T wanna ride up Post on your DH bike!

I like both Post (which I've ridden tons of times) and Black Rock (which I've only ridden once) but you can get a lot more runs at Post because you can shuttle, whereas you have to push up Black Rock.

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
Post is the best, black rock is cool too. Post is better becuse you shuttle it and there is fast single track in between the stunts. Black rock has some of the best trails I have seen, you have to push your bike up the hill tough..

MotoXmg

Chimp
Mar 7, 2004
Hood River, Oregon
I definately recommend Post..... With dh bikes and the elevation changes, shuttling is the only realistic way..... there are usually a lot of riders you can hook up with on the bottom, but easy to get lost if not familiar, so find someone who has ridden it before. Currently it is dry and dusty but hey, its middle of summer!! You wont be dissappointed! I would be glad to give you a tour/shuttle, but will be out of town that weekend...sorry.

SteezyWeezy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2006
portland, oregon
elRey said:
I would reccomend leaving your truck at the bottom and trying to hitch a ride up. So that you don't get stranded at the bottom with your vehicle at the top.
yea, or if you have two cars, which im not sure if you do or not, run a shuttle, thats the easiest. dont get stranded at the bottom, that sucks:wonky2: