Quantcast

Post Canyon Question

Hack

Chimp
May 8, 2004
Portland
I got the map and went up there on Fri but was kinda turned around. Do you guys start from the top and shuttle the different areas or go in from the bottom.

I found the south shore and up higher i found the 2 ladder drops. One w/ a gap. I did the second one. What area is that called?

I guess i need to hook up with the P-town area riders.

Any help would be a good thing

eknomf

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Nanaimo, BC
I was up there yesterday and what we were doing is parking by family man and shuttleing and walking up to the top of GP and 8-track. It usually works pretty well to just shuttle that road. You Can go up to about the road gap and ride a few trails back down to the family man area for a shuttle that doesnt reaguire driving all over to get back to the top. Going in from the bottom makes it so you have to work hard to get up to the good stuff, but if you shuttle from the top down to that you can have a nice long ride. Someone from here will probably be heading up there next weekend so im sure you could hook up with them.

MotoXmg

Chimp
Mar 7, 2004
Hood River, Oregon
Hi Hack, If you parked on PC road, then you started up "12 bridges" trail which was on the left. Then the trail you took past "south shore" is "seven streams". What did you do next? Did you take a left at the switch back or did you go right?? If you went to the left, that would have taken you around to the "family man" playground.....if you took the right....that would have brought you to the bottom run outs of........(1) "snapdragon"...(2)"drop zone"....and finally (3)"toilet bowl". In regards to hooking up with a "p-town" rider, lets keep that to a minimum....How about hookin up with a local rider? Eknomf has a good idea depending on what you want to ride......if your looking for more of a "freeride" with drops and logrides, then pass PC road and take the next major right which is Rhiordan rd.,go up about 2 miles and "familyman" playground will be on the right above "drop and snapdragon". From here, you can continue up the road by foot or shuttle for another mile until you reach the top of the clear cut where "8-track","GP", and "Bluecar" start. If you want more of a cross-country ride, then do what ya did and take a left at the switchback past southshore on the sevenstreams trail and follow the red trail on the map. Did I overwhelm you?? I did 8-track on friday...great trail....although a lil rough still, but great intro to freeriding.....have fun, Mike

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
i should be heading out there this weekend. check the portland thread :D