Quantcast

Post Canyon Sunday?

sam_little

Monkey
May 18, 2003
Portland, OR
Hey all,
I'm looking to check out PC on Sunday, as it's been a while since I've been there. I may have some friends coming to show me around, but in case they can't make it, I wanted to get a role call of others that I could join up with for the day. I'm a confident rider and have hit most of the trails up there.

I can offer a subaru outback (small one) as a fetch-car, but not as a shuttle rig.

If you're going to be up there and wouldn't mind someone tagging along, then please post here, or better yet, send me an email: sam.littlefield (at) gmail.com

Thanks.

vibiker

Monkey
May 3, 2004
Santa Clara / Vashon
sam_little said:
... as it's been a while since I've been there.

Just a heads up to anyone who has not been there since last year. Things have changed a bit. Do not assume you know the stunts. A guy broke his neck last week making that assumption.

sam_little

Monkey
May 18, 2003
Portland, OR
Dr. Ill said:
^^^^^Why^^^^^^
A broken neck is a big deal, that's not cool...
Cap'n sarcasm checking in with first mate... didn't mean to offend. It is a big deal, which is why I HATE hearing stuff like that the weekend before I go out to the same area.

vibiker

Monkey
May 3, 2004
Santa Clara / Vashon
sam_little said:
I HATE hearing stuff like that the weekend before I go out to the same area.
Sorry to bear the bad news. The good news though is that the area is no more intense than it has been. Just be sure to check things out before you do them.

Sinfield

Chimp
Oct 12, 2005
Hood River/ Portland OR.
I think I'll be heading home (Hood River) this weekend to mob it with a buddy of mine. We'll probably be doing some shuttle runs. Look for the 4x4 yellow molester van with red and black stripes on it and/ or a white audi A4 (can't wait to **** my car up on the awesome potholes that appeared over the winter) :(

sam_little

Monkey
May 18, 2003
Portland, OR
Sinfield said:
(can't wait to **** my car up on the awesome potholes that appeared over the winter) :(
Everything smoothes out at fifty. So it sounds like my buddies are gonna come up from Salem, so I'll have a shuttle set up. We'll probably ride Syncline on Saturday afternoon and then Post on Sunday.

Sinfield

Chimp
Oct 12, 2005
Hood River/ Portland OR.
Tell that to the trucks I ****ed up mobbing that road at high speed many nights in high school. I remember catching air once over one of the crests and looking out the open window and seeing the shadow of my truck below me and thinking "this is going to ****ing hurt".

I guess I'm getting old and pussified. :P

Sidenote: Does anyone know what the trail cond. are? I'm almost hoping it rains a bit today and soaks the dust down on the trails. I'm consistantley amazed at how quick post can turn from perfect trail cond. to dry ball bearing city. :(