Quantcast

Post Canyon Trails and Dirtbikes

MotoXmg

Chimp
Mar 7, 2004
Hood River, Oregon
Here is some info that you might be interested in..... If you meet an offender, please inform them :mumble: ...... Mike

.... "all stunted trails are closed to motorized vehicles( 2 chair 2, chorus ,egg hunt, gp, 8 track, drop out, snap dragon ,family man, 7 streams, frankenstein,ont, etc....) the local MXers are slowly learning but the weekends are crowded with out of towners who need to be educated. a human bicyclist can be a sign in the meantime. Dave Bisset and I are putting some signs up in a week once the county gives up their agency logo and trail committee approves our design. All signs will be the same brown and white government type and official. There's a $1000.00 fine for MXers uing trails closed to their use. Mike please forward this to as many riders as you can think of .

thanks,
Douglas/GFRA,Inc."

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
When we were up a PC 3 weeks ago we saw some dirt bikes riding up there at Family Man, on up. They were on the shuttle road ripping back and forth. We thought it was pretty cool they were staying of the trails, but I guess not really:mumble:

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
Funny you should bring this up. I always wondered how the motorcycles knew which trails to stay off of, since the stunt trails are not marked at all.

I just got a spark arrestor and quiet core exhaust insert for my new crf 250r that's been sitting around because I like riding my bicycles better. I was going to do a little exploring on the trails that I've never been to and see where some of those fire roads lead to. Of course I'm not the typical moto idiot that you'll usually see up there.

I'm supposed to join Rocker Dave and his crew to help build a new jump trail this weekend up there.

If you see a red dirt bike #326 and he's pissing you off be sure to throw rocks at him.:wave:

Tim

MotoXmg

Chimp
Mar 7, 2004
Hood River, Oregon
yeah...you guys must be helping Jake from GFRA on the middle section of GP ?...... I just donated a unit of 2x6s for the launch ramps on that line.....I might be helping as well, so see ya there. Dont get me wrong I love dirtbikes, but it has been a little vague as to where the bike trails and where the moto trails are. Signage should help!