Quantcast

Post here if you think Stosh should race in the 24 hours of Dalton.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
I Are Baboon said:
LMAO! The date has not even been announced yet! (as far as I know, anyway)
LMAO!

Haaaaaaaahahaha!

RIP, looks like you're doing a 24 hour race to me.

J

JRB

I think stosh should simply ride his bike. Who cares if he races??? Don't count on him to be on your team though. I hear he doesn't always show up.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Rip said:
I've already made plans to be hitting up Kamloops and Whistler for a couple of weeks. Summer is pretty taken up already.
what!?

:nope:

umm, last time I checked summer lasts around 13 weeks, not 2 !!

PLUS you bust on Stosh and you can't even step up yourself!?

That is beyond
L A M E

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
C'mon Rip gimme a break - let us see proof of these Kamloops and Whistler trip details.

Jackson - if you commit to it it'll motivate you to get ready. at this time last year I wasn't ready - but I said "hell yes" when the call came and that motivated me to get out and ride a lot and I think I did okay at Dalton. I hope I can do better in 2005 but time will tell I guess.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
MMcG said:
C'mon Rip gimme a break - let us see proof of these Kamloops and Whistler trip details.

Jackson - if you commit to it it'll motivate you to get ready. at this time last year I wasn't ready - but I said "hell yes" when the call came and that motivated me to get out and ride a lot and I think I did okay at Dalton. I hope I can do better in 2005 but time will tell I guess.

Yeah Jackson, just say "HELL YES!"

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Everyone kicked ass at Dalton.

There is no reason to fear 24 hour racing, at least not on a 5 person team. It's a blast. Yes you need to train, but you don't need to be Tinker, or even Westy, to have an awesome time.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Echo said:
There is no reason to fear 24 hour racing, at least not on a 5 person team.
Having a team is the only reason I'm even considering it. The problem is that my wife and I have a baby due in April. So I seriously wonder how much saddle time I'm going to get March - June.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Having a team is the only reason I'm even considering it. The problem is that my wife and I have a baby due in April. So I seriously wonder how much saddle time I'm going to get March - June.
Holy fawk you didn't tell me this!! CONGRATS!!!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
jacksonpt said:

yeah, congrats dude!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I Echo Echo's sentiments - you do have to prepare for a race like DAlton, but you don't have to be superman or Westy or anything. Especially if you are on a good team like ours was - I thought we really worked well as a Team with all of us knowing our limits and pushing them and then when we had enough we just let douglas take over. ;) :)

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
:D thanks guys

Heck, I just wanted more of the "high" we all got when we came thru the finish/into the tent

Edit: are team did rock!

splat

Nam I am
Jacksonpt Go for it it a blast!!!! ( and congrats! )

Stosh Go for it too ! Youd have a Blast too!

Both of you two should , the Jackalopes are going to need 2 replacement riders.

RIP , your going to enjoy doing it solo. who starts a thread like this ? only to wimp looking for excuses!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
splat said:
Jacksonpt Go for it it a blast!!!! ( and congrats! )

Stosh Go for it too ! Youd have a Blast too!

Both of you two should , the Jackalopes are going to need 2 replacement riders.

RIP , your going to enjoy doing it solo. who starts a thread like this ? only to wimp looking for excuses!
why do they need 2 riders?

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
MMcG said:

Ok, I will be able to do it, I'll give it a go after second thought, what's the worst, I pull out because of something?

The trip isn't until August will be riding/scouting for a place to live. I'd like to either live at Kamloops or at Whistler. I will do 24 hours race.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Rip said:
Ok, I will be able to do it, I'll give it a go after second thought, what's the worst, I pull out because of something?

The trip isn't until August will be riding/scouting for a place to live. I'd like to either live at Kamloops or at Whistler. I will do 24 hours race.
I just quoted this so you cant change it. You heard it here folks. RIP doing a 24 hour race.