Quantcast

Post My Ride

al-irl

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
A, A
Am sitting round at home killing time waiting on my mates to get out of work so i can go ride. So i thought i'd post up a pic of my ride to see what u guys think.

I have some xt brakes with goodridge hoses and a tune seatpost on the way and it will be finished.

AL

Attachments

al-irl

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
A, A
Its a sweet ride it goes as well as it looks. Its the original 2002 frame so its a bit old school but not that different from the latest one. Main difference being 1 inch less travel and no platform shock.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
are you in s. africa?

the US importers live about 10 minutes from me. those bikes are real nice. they also do a lot to support local races and comps and garrit is fast as hell and super smooth at the dirt jumps.

al-irl

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
A, A
i'm in Ireland

I bought it off a mate who got it on a deal from the UK Dist they looked after him pretty well but then he went travelling for a year and when he got back he didn't have the time to ride it. So i got it at the right price and it hadn't really been ridden other than the few times i borrowed it off him. The guys in the uk seem pretty good to deal with from what ive heard.

I changed the spec on it since i got it, got rid of the boxxers he had on it as i picked up the dorrados on ebay for next to nothing and i upgraded the cranks and chaindevice last week.

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
dogwonder said:
Nice ride...I'm liking the Morewood's, they are making some serious noise in the DH realm these days...

Dogwonder
I agree; I have been seriously looking at getting a Morewood as my next frame. You are certainly seeing more and more of them around...

al-irl

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
A, A
Its probably the best bike ive ridden over any length of time. The geo is spot on for a race bike. Its more durable than a 222/223 everyone in Ireland has one and the amount of stories of people breaking them is pilling up.
I like the fact its a bit different, that its one of two morewoods in Ireland and the other is the new izumu which is also a sweet bike as ive ridden it and when i change it the latest version will be on my shopping list.

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
al-irl said:
Its probably the best bike ive ridden over any length of time. The geo is spot on for a race bike. Its more durable than a 222/223 everyone in Ireland has one and the amount of stories of people breaking them is pilling up.
I like the fact its a bit different, that its one of two morewoods in Ireland and the other is the new izumu which is also a sweet bike as ive ridden it and when i change it the latest version will be on my shopping list.
It is a simple single pivot, solid rear triangle design. From what I hear, they do it very well and have paid attention to every detail to get all out of that design.