Quantcast

post pictures of your jumps here!

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
Can you guys please post some pictures of yours or any dirt jumps please? I am in the middle of building a bunch and need some good ideas... :eek:

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Wow, those jumps are like perfect. I wish I had some pictures of our jumps but they arent very big and they are crappely made.

musicman

Chimp
Jul 18, 2004
r thoes urs , man it looks as smooth as a skate park , we definantly dont have dirt like that in austin

CHOP

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
Rivermont, Va
Those jumps have been shown on Pinkbike for awhile now. About once a month they pop up in the new pictures. I believe that they are being listed as being in England.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
theres a bmx video out called rhythm, that is only trail riding. snap magazine made it a couple years ago. snap is long gone though. some awesome trails from all over the country are shown in it. the best spot is PUSH in pennsylvania, by far. i watch it before i go digging or riding and it helps me with ideas.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
y'all know that there is a city park in Greensboro, NC which is building a freeride park, right? Were talkin' dirt jumps, log rides, soon-to-be north shore and much more...ORGANIZED BY THE CITY!!!!! That's right, all the dirt we can think of, machinery, and plenty of help!

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
motomike said:
y'all know that there is a city park in Greensboro, NC which is building a freeride park, right? Were talkin' dirt jumps, log rides, soon-to-be north shore and much more...ORGANIZED BY THE CITY!!!!! That's right, all the dirt we can think of, machinery, and plenty of help!
Do you mind posting some pics of those, im from Winston and really wanna check it out, i might even go tomorrow if things work out

bballboy388

Monkey
Dec 4, 2004
rpk1988 said:
Wow, those jumps are like perfect. I wish I had some pictures of our jumps but they arent very big and they are crappely made.
HEY our jumps are prefect ish... alright fine they suck lol

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
motomike said:
I'm on my way out there right now...1:00pm sunday....
I think a few of us W-S monkies are gonna head out there on saturday. Would you mind givin me directions from Winston-Salem?

thx -Alex

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
Alex, take I-40 east to US220/Freeman Mill Rd. North. Goes through downtown and turns into Battleground Ave. Stay on Battleground and turn right onto Pisgah Church Rd.(big Lowe's on left)and take first turn on left. You'll see the sign for Country Park. Go all the way to the back of the parking lot(it's reeeaally long). Ride your bike through the gate's(should be open) and look behind the baseball field to the left.
Enjoy, Michael

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
motomike said:
Alex, take I-40 east to US220/Freeman Mill Rd. North. Goes through downtown and turns into Battleground Ave. Stay on Battleground and turn right onto Pisgah Church Rd.(big Lowe's on left)and take first turn on left. You'll see the sign for Country Park. Go all the way to the back of the parking lot(it's reeeaally long). Ride your bike through the gate's(should be open) and look behind the baseball field to the left.
Enjoy, Michael
Send that in a PM mannnn. You dont wanna be handing out directions on here.

bballboy388

Monkey
Dec 4, 2004
rpk1988 said:
Send that in a PM mannnn. You dont wanna be handing out directions on here.
those are directions to the jumps that a legal. why not post directions the state is helping build them.

The city is donating the land, soil, and temporary use of equipment. The park is actually being built and maintained by volunteers primarily from the Greensboro Fat Tire Society.

All are welcome, especially on the next build date. motomike, do you know when that is?

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
I think it is actually in March sometime. Will post as soon as I know for sure. It needs to dry out a lot. It's getting dryer, and faster every warm day that we are having.(!) There is supposed to be a ribbon cutting in May....

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
Here's a couple pictures of the sweet dirt jump spot that got torn down by the city. I found out about them just before they were torn down, so never really got a chance to hit em. I was looking forward to bustin' loose over the "El Capitan"!

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
gastrocnemius said:
The city is donating the land, soil, and temporary use of equipment. The park is actually being built and maintained by volunteers primarily from the Greensboro Fat Tire Society.

All are welcome, especially on the next build date. motomike, do you know when that is?
Thats awesome! Where is this again?

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
These are directions from the Winston Salem area.(west)

Originally Posted by motomike
Enjoy, Michael

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Just for the record PUSH in pgh was plowed. Nolonger exists,

here is our spot in pittsburgh that was published in ride UK mag for an article with Kris Bennett (he has been building with us)

I will get some more pics uploaded to my server...our spot rips though

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
nice trails, and those ones in new mexico are so fun. first place i pulled a 3 on dirt and first place i landed a tailwhip on dirt