Quantcast

POST Pictures of your stunts, drops, skinnies

untitledsince89

Turbo Monkey
Nov 11, 2005
Winston-Salem NC
like it says I'm building some near my house and I'm stuck on ideas. I would post some pics if I had any. I just have to see how some of them are built and and how you could some natural features with them.

freerider858

Chimp
Aug 14, 2005
Bay Area
Im a self proclaimed north shore building master:) Ive built many a ladder and skinny. Ill try to get some of my stuff on the web. The key is in the bracing of the supports. I use 2x4s on the runners (the vertical boards) and anything thats thinner than 2 fror the cross pieces (slats) but its good to use 2x4s on the crosspieces for landings andf other high force areas (landings, takeoffs). For the bracing I reccomend an "x" but some us the "H". You can also split logs for the slats but it takes longer

wishihadmoney

Monkey
Dec 1, 2005
Boone, NC
oh ya believe it or not we got some shore in a neighborhood right b4 there...sailview..they keep tellin us to tear it down lol...the kids parents are makin us move it

wishihadmoney

Monkey
Dec 1, 2005
Boone, NC
ya were movin it first of the year...to a guys house by...do u know where the campground is?..by the campground...he has a lot of dj's and a big shore stepup stepdown section

untitledsince89

Turbo Monkey
Nov 11, 2005
Winston-Salem NC
wow really thats sweet, yea I "think" i kno where you are talking about, I'll have to check that out sometime. Normally I'm down ther more in the summer so I have to hook up with you to ride sometime

wishihadmoney

Monkey
Dec 1, 2005
Boone, NC
ya sure...well go ride...if u know the campground,i tried droppin off one of the cabin roofs there..but a guy came around the corner so i brake checked and didnt get my manual right and busted my face open

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
wow it really packs up in 10 min, i've got to get something like that

mongo

Chimp
Feb 4, 2005
Here are a couple pics of Andy Grant ("Hitchin A Ride") on the wall at the Academy in Bellingham, WA.

Hey Uncle Jimmi. When / where were the pics with the freeridesouth.com sponsorship banner taken, especuially the last night shot?

Happy trails... Mongo

Uncle Jimmi

Chimp
Nov 17, 2005
The day shot was in front of my house in Palm Beach Gardens.
The night shot was in Ft. Lauderdale at Santiago’s house.
We did 9 shows in 4 days. I put some pics and a short story in “general” in a thread called Show Pics, and its already 3 pages deep with no replies. That’s the biggest crash I had all week. :nopity:

zod

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
G-County, NC
untitledsince89 said:
like it says I'm building some near my house and I'm stuck on ideas. I would post some pics if I had any. I just have to see how some of them are built and and how you could some natural features with them.
You can read my building philosophies and see pictures of some of my crap in this thread......

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125045

you can see some of my stuff in action in the vid posted in this thread....

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139838

hope it's helpful :thumb: