Quantcast

post vacation work funk

UCSBrian

Chimp
Mar 11, 2002
seattle
So, spent two weeks going from hawaii back to san diego, on a ship working on geophysics research and in general having a great time. Now im back at work. Oi, talk about not wanting to get back at it.

I wonder how long i can sit and stare at my monitor and pretend im doing work.

I imagine everyones had this before, but boy do i have a case of the mondays. Anyone else about to lose their mind at work or is it just me today.

b

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
UCSBrian said:
I wonder how long i can sit and stare at my monitor and pretend im doing work.
I once did this for about 3 months. They could hear typing because I was on RM...so, they thought I was working.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I Are Baboon said:
I hear ya, man. I have been in a post-vacation work funk since June 2001.
:stupid:
Same here, except I never went on vacation. Thank god for the :monkey: or I'd just have stare at my screen with nothing to do.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
"In a given week I'd say I do about 15 minutes of any actual, real work"
-Peter from Office Space

s1ngletrack

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Denver
I thought I was the only one - you mean to tell me that there are others like me?! 4 months and running... Hopefully the OCC will be understanding when they audit my bank next month... "I have a ridemonkey on my back, it's not a choice, it's an illness"

UCSBrian

Chimp
Mar 11, 2002
seattle
as per what zark said. Has anyone noticed that even if you only do fifteen minutes of work, you are still on par with 95% of the rest of the people you work with? Not so much necessarily here since there are lots of hard core academics, but most places ive worked it seems entirely true.

Brian