Quantcast

Post Work Huckleberry Hill Ride(pics)

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I met up with Tonyhawk after work tonight for a post work ride at Huckleberry Hill - a fun spot in Avon/Collinsville, CT.

Also joining us were Doug, Chris and Bob - via Bikerag.

All in all it was a really fun ride. Chris kicked arse, Tony rocked out on his new Bullit, and Bob held his own on an old school Titanium Raleigh John Tomac Series hard tail complete with Cantis and Rock Shox Mag 21 fork! The thing was almost as light as my road bike.

I took a few pics and also had Bob and Tony try to take some but their timing was kind of off. So here's what I have to offer for tonight.

Here's Tony all a Blur(pun intended) rocking out on his new 2001 Bullit with 2003 rear swingarm. Sweet bike!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Here's a cool shot of Chris going off a drop/jump on this really cool dh section of trail that features a series of drops/jumps all in a row. Chris is a really good rider and I think this shot looks pretty sweet too.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
and the last pic is of me landing from a huck off the rock in the background. Tony was too slow since he wasn't used to the super long delay on my camera. But it was fun as hell to hit this one! :)

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Huckleberry Hill is a great post work riding spot and I look forward to many more rides there this season and more jumps and drops too! :devil: :D

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Look like a good place to practice drops!

Good work Mark!

Btw that ride cost ya the SGS at $227!! ;)

tonyhawk

bikerag.com whore
Sep 21, 2003
CT
I guess I'm just going to have to pony up the dough and get my own camera, so I can figure out the delay and get some pics ;)

nice job on those drops mark!

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Originally posted by tonyhawk
I guess I'm just going to have to pony up the dough and get my own camera, so I can figure out the delay and get some pics ;)

Did you let hime try the Bullit or was he to shy to ask... ;)

tonyhawk

bikerag.com whore
Sep 21, 2003
CT
I haven't let anyone try the bullit yet - I'm in love with it :D maybe next ride...

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Originally posted by Jozz
Look like a good place to practice drops!

Good work Mark!

Btw that ride cost ya the SGS at $227!! ;)
I lost the SGS for $227.52 - are you the person who outbid me, if so you are in a heap of trouble Mr!:mad: :D

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut

That's a fun place to ride! Hopefully next time I can hit a few more of them. YOu rocked the Bullit bro!!

Hopefully we've helped hook another guy into this madness that is called Mountain biking as well.

I bet you Bob is perusing all the Buy and Sell forums today! lol

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I haven't let anyone try the bullit yet - I'm in love with it :D maybe next ride...
I had my Time Atac Z's with me last night and I was all ready to throw them onto Tony's Bullit, but I couldn't pry his hands off of that stealthy black rig. ;) :D

I can't say I blame him - it's a nice bike! He definitely got a good deal from a fellow Monkey.:cool:

brother

Chimp
May 14, 2004
Hey-

Thanks for the compliments and posting the pics. Good riding with you guys last night...

-Chris

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Originally posted by brother
Hey-

Thanks for the compliments and posting the pics. Good riding with you guys last night...

-Chris
Chris - please keep me in mind and informed about future Huckleberry rides - I thought I heard you say you ride there a lot. I'd like to get to know the trails better to ride solo and to serve as a ride guide for other CT Monkeys.

Mark