Quantcast

post your 2010 rides!

connor

Chimp
Mar 7, 2008
5th elements are so cheap these days you can pick one up and send it off to Avalanche and have yourself a custom-tuned(to you and your riding style) position sensitive rear shock for $300.. can't really beat that. Not sure how it stacks up against a RC4 or a Vivid, but I'd imagine something that's slightly more primitive but tuned specifically for you will perform better than something newer with a off-the-shelf tune? I don't know for sure, just some food for thought..
yup, we've got a local guy that can do all that.

http://www.suspensionwerx.com/

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
5th elements are so cheap these days you can pick one up and send it off to Avalanche and have yourself a custom-tuned(to you and your riding style) position sensitive rear shock for $300.. can't really beat that.
the Avy kit turns the position sensitive 5th Element/Swinger into a speed sensitive shock

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Frames are finally in for us. Assembling them as the parts arrive for them from various sponsors.

And yes, I know I need to rotate my SRS+ a bit.

Generation 3 (I think) 225 prototype.

New Linkage

New Sponsor for bars, headsets and pedals.

It'll be a colourful group with each rider getting different colored bikes. You'll see why soon enough.

I like having options, what can I say?

Last edited:

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
heard of any issues with the upper link mount failing?
Nope. The upper link mount is the same as the first 2 generations of 225 proto and none have broken. 6 riders on these last year racing and riding all year, including 4 full time world cup riders (hutchens, cathro, stanbridge, barnes).

It's bigger in person than it looks in that photo. Look in the photo from the front, you'll see how wide it is.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
It's bigger in person than it looks in that photo. Look in the photo from the front, you'll see how wide it is.
yeah i see it now. looks beefy enough, especially since it probably doesnt have that much stress on it right?

will we see you at another Platty race? you gotta make up for last year's finish! ;)

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Ha, thanks. Ya, I had a sore neck & back for a week or so afterwards. Still not really sure what happened, except i ruined a perfectly good race run and destroyed a nicely painted helmet.

Not sure on platty this year, season opener was supposed to be this weekend at the NW Cup in Port Angeles, but a bunch of stuff only showed up today (Fox etc) and the weather looks abysmal for the weekend. Living on the west coast makes platty stops a bit less likely.

Maybe the race after worlds?

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
leave the stickers off.
The first thing I do when I get a new frame or fork is pull the stickers.

I might leave a headbadge sticker, or a detail, but I've always found the decal/sticker free look to be the sweetness.

Not that you care.

Bah, Ill go eat worms!

:p

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
The first thing I do when I get a new frame or fork is pull the stickers.

I might leave a headbadge sticker, or a detail, but I've always found the decal/sticker free look to be the sweetness.

Not that you care.

Bah, Ill go eat worms!

:p
i usually do the same thing. they usually start to peel and look bad if you leave them, especially if they get scratched up a bit.

most stickers are too flashy for my liking, especially the 2008-2009 888's

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
They are slightly different prototypes. The blue one is the newest version. The Pink one is a slightly modified version of the bike I rode last year. (different angles and lengths).

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Possibly late this season as long as all goes will with this new version. They used the feedback we all supplied and gave us just about every change we asked for from the older prototype. Super stoked on how it turned out!
Great bikes, too bad they go into production this late. This might have influenced my bike choice. Congrats on the new ride.

Jase76

Monkey
Aug 10, 2007
Australia
Possibly late this season as long as all goes will with this new version. They used the feedback we all supplied and gave us just about every change we asked for from the older prototype. Super stoked on how it turned out!
I'm pretty excited. The timings perfect for me. :weee:

They look fantastic, can you share any geo numbers, or are they pretty much the same as current 224's? Also, whats the shock length?

Last edited:

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
I'm pretty excited. The timings perfect for me. :weee:

They look fantastic, can you share any geo numbers, or are they pretty much the same as current 224's? Also, whats the shock length?
Haven't measured anything yet. It's 1 degree slacker than the raw prototype i had, which will put it in line with the 224. It will also be a bit shorter with a smaller cockpit as well, again in line with the 224.

The shock is 10.5 x 3.5. I'll be testing the elka, an RC4 and an X Fusion.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Fras - FANCY!

I had no idea you did proto testing with Orange.

How do you like the performance of the latest iteration of the 225 proto vs. the current 224?

...also noticed the Revolt hanging back there. :D Nice! Is that yours as well?

jammie654

Chimp
Dec 15, 2009
Scotland
Nope. The upper link mount is the same as the first 2 generations of 225 proto and none have broken. 6 riders on these last year racing and riding all year, including 4 full time world cup riders (hutchens, cathro, stanbridge, barnes).

Hutchens isn't a WC rider ;) Just Nationals

Looks good though, I know a guy that works for Orange and he is on the Same 3rd Proto as yours after coming off the 2nd one which The MTB-Cut and Orange/Mojo teams run last season. Rides so different to the 224

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia

done one race on it so far, loving it! just needs a shock that is not poo. elka arriving in a couple of days. :)

Last edited:

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
did you or the bike come away from that ejection unscathed?
yeah it was fine, its funny from the pic you cant tell what i was doing but i was actually going up over that opposite the direction im facing...

Took my bike out to break it in at the most technical east coast style trail we have around...anything that wasn't completely locked down made itself known very quickly

Love the covert, very solid bike.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007

dont one race on it so far, loving it! just needs a shock that is not poo. elka arriving in a couple of days. :)
Is it that bad with the rc4? Give us unlucky euro's a review before our legends arrive (man I'd be faster If I paid the somali pirates to hijack the ship and send it to me by dhl :P)

redride

Monkey
Sep 23, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
he's got the x-fusion DH2 on that at the moment while waiting for the ELKA. Sorry DHKid, that was the only spare shock i had lying around! it was that or the Air shock! and i know how much u love air shocks! hahaha...

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
brumm brumm :)

fork, cranks und wheels will be changed
works really good with a Bos S** toy
They are in germany already? Shiiiiiiiit. I ordered mine threw the uk distr (don't trust the local one at all, a deaf molerat would handle cs better) and it still isn't here... I've preordered it feb 2009 so patience or not I'm getting really jumpy about mine not being here.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
I ordered it two weeks ago and had it 3 days later :D

but I have the only black one
some team or white colored should be left

pm me if you want one soon :)
I've paid for mine as preorder because the freeborn guys had better preorder price than anything plus the exchange rate was very good. I still can wait some time as I have an injured arm and will go snowboarding for a week april 3rd but after that I want to build mine. Prolly would be less of a deal if there were no banshees between my distributor ;) Hopefully there will be some info by the end of the week.

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
Is it that bad with the rc4? Give us unlucky euro's a review before our legends arrive (man I'd be faster If I paid the somali pirates to hijack the ship and send it to me by dhl :P)
as redride said, i am on an xfusion for now. simply put the i got the frame without a shock as i had always planned to have an elka on it. used whatever shock which was lying around, which happened to be a xfusion that the rest of the team is on.

review? there is loads of literature on the legend out there. nothing that i didn't already expect the bike to do, eats rocks, pedals like a hard tail. geometry is really good, its really easy to get the bike to do what you want with very little input.

if you are really interested i'll pm you once i get more time on it, only had a day and a half on it so far at a race. btw, this legend is in europe, i am in bristol england. ;)

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
as redride said, i am on an xfusion for now. simply put the i got the frame without a shock as i had always planned to have an elka on it. used whatever shock which was lying around, which happened to be a xfusion that the rest of the team is on.

review? there is loads of literature on the legend out there. nothing that i didn't already expect the bike to do, eats rocks, pedals like a hard tail. geometry is really good, its really easy to get the bike to do what you want with very little input.

if you are really interested i'll pm you once i get more time on it, only had a day and a half on it so far at a race. btw, this legend is in europe, i am in bristol england. ;)
I'm just killing time before mine arrives and that's really why I'm asking for a review ;) Wonder how the different geo changes affected it. Been less than happy with my current dh bike so I can't really wait. Will prolly have to send a mail tomorow and see how everything pans out. Hopefully I will have the bike ready when my arm is fully recovered.