Quantcast

Post your Desktop {of the Month}

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
Originally posted by Jr_Bullit
This month it is this because I've had too many customers come in lately so I changed it to be work appropos:
The Mukilteo lighthouse! Nice...brings back the memories. That beach used to be the primo hangout back in high school.

SebringMGB

Monkey
Feb 6, 2004
Washington
almost at many icons on my desktop as stars in the galaxy. see below for comparison

super high res pic of the orion nebula from the updated hubble (1600x1200)

hig res version, and another. make cool desktops. sorry diaal up users :D

Attachments

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
Originally posted by yellowfox
I'd like to know how you guys save images of your screen, thats cool....
CTRL + Print Screen then copy into Photoshop, Paint, whatever.

yellowfox

Monkey
Apr 29, 2004
Akron OH
Originally posted by DamienC
CTRL + Print Screen then copy into Photoshop, Paint, whatever.
excuse me for being an idiot but Print screen? i get a screen that comes up when i do that but no idea where to go from there. I'm pretty decent with computers to but this is terrible.

excuse me for being an idiot but Print screen? i get a screen that comes up when i do that but no idea where to go from there. I'm pretty decent with computers to but this is terrible.
ctrl+print screen is like a copy of sorts...
you then just open a photo editor and paste, and it will show up....

i had no idea how to do it either untill someone gave you directions

yellowfox

Monkey
Apr 29, 2004
Akron OH
I'm trying to paste it into photoshop 7.0 but there is no option to paste. Tried the CTRL V and nothing.

is there a way you know it copied or not?

yellowfox

Monkey
Apr 29, 2004
Akron OH
Originally posted by mplutodh1
go to edit paste
well i got it to work but not through illustrator or photoshop. i had to use photopaint. the other programs wouldn't even give me paste option through the edit drop down.

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
well i got it to work but not through illustrator or photoshop. i had to use photopaint. the other programs wouldn't even give me paste option through the edit drop down.
Once you have "copied" the desktop image, go into photoshop, and click "New". It will suggest a size... (your screen size in the clipboard). Click 'OK' and then 'paste'. You should be fine then.

Here's my current....

me last weekend off about a 5 foot drop.... (somewhere)

Attachments

mplutodh1

Monkey
Nov 27, 2002
Sammamish, WA
peter6061's correct, however are you on a PC or mac? cuz if you are on a mac it works a bit different

yellowfox

Monkey
Apr 29, 2004
Akron OH
i'm on a pc but i got it to work by doing what he said and selecting a new page. Thats how photo paint worked, it automatically asked for it when i started the program. Thanks for all the help!

heres mine. Just plain. My buddy shot it of me.